Best 1.1.3 Jailbreak?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.3 Jailbreak' started by SHININGSTEEL, Mar 3, 2008.

1. SHININGSTEEL

SHININGSTEEL Banned

What is the best one? I've heard that the 1.1.3 iJailbreakMobile is the most stable jailbreak and has the least issues. Please confirm this.
  2. dmoney15555

dmoney15555 New Member

it is definitely more stable than zibri's or ipodtouchmasters....and nates and dev team for some reason didn't work.... so yea it probably is --> i have had no problems
  3. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    I'm a big fan of the dev team 1.1.3-3 softupgrade
  4. jamil_d

jamil_d Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I used Dev Team, cookie problems, but not much else. Zibri's JB is also great too... In all, i liked the dev teams fine.
  5. SHININGSTEEL

SHININGSTEEL Banned

I really want avoid having to SSH into my iPod to fix summerboard, which one will absolutely prevent me from doing that and will enable me to install a full working summerboard from the start?
  6. AssLikeThat

AssLikeThat New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    This question has been asked many times. I think that the simplest and fastest way to JailBreak 1.1.2 would be the ZiPhone way. People say that it on works on 8gb iPod Touch's though but i'm not sure. Heres a link http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38826
  7. SHININGSTEEL

SHININGSTEEL Banned

I don't want simple and fast. I want the best results.
  8. GrooveMachine

GrooveMachine Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    iJailbreak Mobile is the least compatible, and the Dev Team and Zibri's jailbreaks are the same--they just accomplish the task in different ways.

You can jailbreak an 8GB iPod touch in about 30 seconds with ZiPhone (or iJailbreak 0.5.4, not the mobile version) from literally any firmware.

The Dev Team method requires that you're at a jailbroken 1.1.2, so ZiPhone is much faster. Also, it is apparently more reliable (sometimes the Dev Team jailbreak puts you into recovery, or doesn't completely work depending on your wifi).

Also, ZiPhone can do 1.1.4, so that's an added plus.

iJailbreak Mobile is no longer supported anywhere, as it uses NateTrue's jailbreak (which still runs the 1.1.2 kernel). The Dev Team jailbreak installs the firmware and the jailbreak simultaneously (patch and install). Zibri's method (ZiPhone) jailbreaks before booting up you iPod, which makes it extremely difficult for Apple to patch it.

Despite the fact that ZiPhone is essentially stolen code from the Dev Team (PM me if you want to hear the whole story of that), ZiPhone is still by and large the easiest way to jailbreak almost instantly on ANY firmware.
  9. SHININGSTEEL

SHININGSTEEL Banned

I just used iJailBreakMobile and it works perfectly with Summerboard and everything! NVM! LOL XD