Benefits of Mail

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by moosh, Feb 1, 2008.

1. moosh

moosh New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    What's the benefits of mail.app? I mean couldn't you just go to the website through safari? I mean youtube I understand because the viewing format for finding videos is more convenient.
  2. azz2811

azz2811 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    its just easier and it notifies you when you have an e-mail two which is usefull i use mail.app mostl for this site
  3. Elric

Elric New Member

a/ Gmail mobile doesn't work too good (if at all if you use "@yourdomain.com"!!)
    b/ waiting for websites to load SUCKS no matter how "fast" it seems these days, I just dig instant

Please Register or Log in to view images

c/ a LOT of ISP's still don't even offer a web based email service, Execulink around here is "optimized" for Windows 98, Internet Explorer and "please allow FRAMES" Yeah man, FRAMES! Someone's stuck in the 90s!

So yeah sending and receiving Mail instantly is good... and reading mail when not connected to Wifi is also great! I had to reference one for an address while at a "wifi-less" post office.
  4. marko

marko New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    i also find it much easier to move messages to folders and to delete from within the mail app rather than something like gmail mobile. and they are easier to read than having to do the swipe to enlarge
  5. bindle

bindle Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    oh, mail is wonderful. notifies you when you have mail, plus it's easier i have all my mail accounts in that one app.
  6. Faktor4

Faktor4 Active Member

Its designed to fit perfectly on the screen, you can manage your mail for Multiple accounts!!

I can choose to manage my aol, or gmail. and it notifies you on new mail for both.

It has animations such as, moving mail to a folder, you will see an envelope float to the folder,
    when you delete something, it folds up and shrinks into a trash can.

Its over all BETTER.
  7. Necro

Necro New Member

+ you can view eMails offline and easily view exel, word and mp3 files.
  8. chrism238

chrism238 New Member

Surprisingly, some of us still don't read their email using web browsers

Please Register or Log in to view images

9. Elric

Elric New Member

I was thinking the same thing, it was "cool" when I was in high school to have mail I could "CHECK ANYWHERE!" but damn, that was over 12 years ago!
  10. beno

beno New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I use the mail app to check my email but if I'm away from my computer and have to type a long email I use safari so I can type it in landscape.