Bell with iphone 3g?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dabomb, Nov 10, 2009.

1. dabomb

dabomb New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I know bell now has the iphone but i recently bought an iphone from a friend and now im thinking of using it with bell. Problem is, me and my friend were trying to get it to work so we put his bell sim card(my phone doesnt use a sim) in my iphone and it registers but doesnt work. I then jailbroke 3.1.2 with the 5. blah blah baseband using blacksnow and tried again, still didnt work and didnt even register bars like it did before. Then i roamed the school for wifi and was able to get a connection then i installed the "snow" unlock that comes with the blackrain jailbreak and still nothing. I did that because someone mentioned unlocking it with the sim that was going to be used installed into the iphone.

Is there something special i have to do to use it with bell? how is it going to work legitmatly as well? maybe another update that will alow it to be used with bell? Or maybe only iphones sold by bell will be able to be used with bell?? that would suck.

Thanks
  2. Supertouch

Supertouch Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Does a sim card need to be configured with a specific phone? Try going to bell and buying a sim card. Make sure returning is an option.