Belkin Grip Tight Groove Review

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Ford GT, Nov 27, 2008.

1. Ford GT

Ford GT Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    It's identical to the Sonic Wave but without the two tone. You get two in the package, one clear sleeve and one black sleeve. No extras are included but I think the cases are well worth the money.

The unique thing about these cases or sleeves is the fact that only the edges are covered. The screen is left exposed. This can either be a good thing or a bad thing. If you have a BSE like I do you'll love this case. It's a perfect fit even for those with the full body BSE like me and the silicone is much harder than the cheaper cases. The edges are not flimsy at all and grip the Touch extremely well. Another nice feature of the case is at the bottom. Instead of a wide slot-like opening like you would see on most other silicone cases this has separate openings for the dock port and headphone jack. It also covers the volume rocker and power button.

It feels good in the hand and has a nice gripy texture on the back of it with the name Belkin embossed near the bottom of the case. Inside, the case is smooth. I prefer the black because it goes better with the iPod Touch but the clear looks nice as well and actually allows you to see the Apple logo and iPod name beneath it which I thought was nice.

I bought mine at Walmart for $21.39 including tax and I'm very happy with my purchase. I bought the Griffin Flex Grip but the screen opening was too small and it covered the words on the dock. So, I took them back and bought the Belkin Grip Tight Groove.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Ipodtouch97

Ipodtouch97 Banned

thats a very nice case
    great review!
  3. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    That's a very nice review! Well done!
  4. Butler

Butler New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Thanks alot, I've been thinking of getting these cases. I don't like the white one though..
  5. iTouchPhreak

iTouchPhreak New Member

ive got the one thats black with red waves...let me tell you..its amazing for protection and i get lots of looks...people wonder what im using! i use it along with my invisible shield. they work great together. i didnt want to go with just the silicone case because things can still get into the case and scratch the back...this way too if i wanna take the case off and go naked i can ! this case offers pretty good shock protection also...i am most likely going to pick up the clear and the black ones.....i like the clear one for the fact that it shows the apple logo...
  6. GrooveMachine

GrooveMachine Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    This is kind of an alarming name given that my pseudonym is GrooveMachine and this product is called "GripTightGroove". Nice review, though.
  7. epqr

epqr Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i wonder, does it affect the wifi-quality that the antenna is covered by the case?

Nice review

8. Kreeeee

Kreeeee New Member

I have these and the 2-tone red/black case. These feel really flimsy and loose in comparison and I'd rate the 2-tone ones much higher.
  9. SolarFlare

SolarFlare New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Wow; a case like that would have come in handy today when I accidentally launched my iPod across the room and into a wall.
  10. red_5

red_5 Member

I have one of those in red. I love it, it feels great, and it fits well. There is no problem accessing the volume controls, which I love. It's definitely worth the cash.