Belkin Direct Tape Adaptor - 2nd Generation Ipod Problem

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by phatguy471, Oct 7, 2008.

1. phatguy471

phatguy471 New Member

Ive searched on google and also on this forum and I cant find any information on this subject.

I bought a new 2ng Generation Ipod touch replacing my 1st generation ipod touch and I had used the belkin direct tape adapter to use my ipod in my car. The adapter plugs into the docking port of the ipod instead of the headphones port. It worked excellently on the first generation ipod but now that I have the 2nd generation ipod when i plug it in and press play it plays out of the internal speaker of the ipod touch. Ive looked through the settings which Im hoping is the problem, but I was wondering if any one had any info on if its a settings issue or its just not compatible.

If its a compatibility issue is there a way to contact apple about making it compatible because it was so much better using that method of connecting to the ipod rather than connecting through the headphones port.

Thanks.
  2. Totally 1337

Totally 1337 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    hmmm...i dont know. can you like turn off the speakers? is your car on? is your radio on? is the "tape" playing? is 42 really the answer to the universe?
  3. phatguy471

phatguy471 New Member

I've tried turning off the internal speaker no go. And yes the car is on and tape playing.
  4. Totally 1337

Totally 1337 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    i dunno then. sorry. but i do know that the ones that use the headphone jack are like $15

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. michael2008

michael2008 New Member

Tap Adapter

The cassette adapter was invented to allow one to play music through sound systems with a tape player but no auxiliary input. It consists of a 'dummy' tape that contains a tape head in the place where the tape player normally reads the tape. The head is then connected to a wire going out the side of the tape enclosure which usually has a male Jack plug on the end allowing connection to the earphone jack of a portable compact disc player or iPod.