Belkin Clear or Griffin iClear? Or a few others?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Ryuukumori, Sep 16, 2008.

1. Ryuukumori

Ryuukumori New Member

So yeah, looking into a new 2G iPod Touch. Been a while since I've been here.

Which one, from fact or opinion, do you prefer for the new 2G, the Belkin Clear, made from acrylic plastic or the Griffin iClear, made from polycarbonate? And how will this affect performance (WiFi, speakers, etc).

Out of all this, should I even go leather? Griffin makes a pretty good looking leather case for the iPhone 3G. Or even the new Nu Form shock-resistant case from Griffin?

So many choices! Just as a heads up, I want to stay away from silicon, because they gather dust, and any "wrap around" or "flip" cases. Just not my style.

Help wanted. Thanks guys!
  2. aw2509

aw2509 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Ive got a Griffin iReflect for my 1G, which is basically the iclear, but a little metallic, I think.
    I really like it. I havent held a belkin, but at the time, the Belkin case that was available was way too big & bulky for me. Chances are I am probably going to buy just about the same for my 2G as Ive got on my 1G right now.
  3. Ryuukumori

Ryuukumori New Member

Hm, the reflect looks pretty nice. I wonder when it'll come out for the 2G.

So a question about Griffin's hardshell cases. It seems as though the platic covered the top and bottom black and curved in a "semi circle" design around the home button on the 1G. When I looked at the iClear for the 2G, it did not cover the black top and bottom, and the home button was not surrounded by the "semi circle" design.

I wonder... is this because of the speakers? Or a new design?
  4. aw2509

aw2509 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yeah, the 1G iReflect does cover up the top and the bottom black, and has the home button in that like half circle thing. The only thing I'll say about that is that IMO it does kinda collect dust and stuff in that little circle thing. I noticed that the new one doesnt though, not really sure why. The back of it is a rubberized hard black plastic, which I do kinda like too.
    I would buy the same one for my 2G if they would hurry up and get them released!
  5. Ryuukumori

Ryuukumori New Member

Well, we really haven't seen too many pictures. It's only an announcement on their site, and a promo picture with all the iPods.

I'm holding on my purchase until I know when the iClear or the iReflect releases.

Another question... do these cases have a belt clip on the back? If so, is it easy to wrap the earbuds around them?
  6. aw2509

aw2509 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Mine does not have a clip on the back. This is pretty much why I got this one. The other choice I had at the time was this Belkin that had a clip on the back that like doubled as a stand I guess. As for the earbuds, you're pretty much on your own.
  7. Ryuukumori

Ryuukumori New Member

Heh, that's cool. I actually wanted a case without a clip. Just adds bulk.

I wonder how the Incase brand is with their clear cases. I would need reviews before going out to buy them. You have an idea if Incase sells their brands in retail stores or only online? I am definitely going to buy the iPod and case from a retailer (Not Best Buy, heard bad from them). Maybe online, but I am not sure. Still in the thinking process.

Do the iClear or iReflect cases scratch easily on the case or do they protect themselves well?
  8. aw2509

aw2509 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I haven't really had any experience with Incase cases, but I have been really happy with my Griffin. I had the case before I had the ipod, and put it in right away, I opened it up once to show a friend the ipod, but there is still not one scratch on my ipod. Which is pretty much why my 2G is going to stay in its little plastic packaging until I get a case!
  9. Ryuukumori

Ryuukumori New Member

Sweet. Looks like I'll be going with the iClear or iReflect.

Only so much time before I get this thing. Got so many things to do alongside (planning for college).

All my questions have been answered. Now waiting for its release!

Please Register or Log in to view images