Beginning Developer

Discussion in 'iOS Development' started by Dc14573, Jun 27, 2010.

1. Dc14573

Dc14573 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Hello,
    I am looking into learning how to design apps for the iphone platform but dont know where to start or how to start.

I have knowledge on mac and windows os but just dont know much about programming.

I sm sure most of you wont bother to look at this but any help is majorly appreciated.
  2. amandureja

amandureja New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    All the iPhone programming is done in Objective C in XCode - MAC ONLY. If you know how to use objective C, then it will be very easy to learn iPhone programming, you just gotta get used to a few differences with the interface (unless you already use XCode). Also, when the coding and scripting is done, you will make a GUI in XCode, and connect parts of the GUI to parts of the script. You can also make iPhone games and apps in Adobe Flash CS5. There is an option to format it for iPhone and build an IPA. But before you can put your apps on your iDevice, you must register for an Apple Developer subscription (about $100) per year and get your UUID registered. Or if you are jailbroken, just <do something kind of sketchy related to piracy and what not that is against our rules>
  3. Pelaez-1

Pelaez-1 New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    1. This is the tutorial section, and this is clearly not a tutorial.

2. In the parent section of this one there is a lot of info about that.
  4. Naveen121

Naveen121 Well-Known Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    When it comes to coding in general, you should learn it from simplest to hardest (or what ever is your goal). For me, I'm learning it in this order: xml, htm, html, xhtml, javascript, php, c+, c++, and then Objective C. But you don't have to do it exactly like this. If all you want to do is code apps for the iphone, then you could just learn Objective C, but the other stuff would just make it a whole lot easier. So it's all up to you. And you could also look up some tutorials on eHow or YouTube.
  5. lauNchD

lauNchD Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    ^This

Please Register or Log in to view images

Your essential point is valid, but:
    • WTF? .htm is just another extention for HTML files…
    • WTF? I've never heard of C+

Please Register or Log in to view images

• XML/HTML aren't really programming languages (it's debatable, but I don't consider them being able to *do* stuff; they usually just define content to be shown)
    • Looking at tutorials and copying their content, only assuming what it means, is NOT coding