Beginner's Help

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by KingLeonarldo, Dec 19, 2009.

1. KingLeonarldo

KingLeonarldo New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hi guys. Could you help me out? Sorry if this is in the wrong section.

You see, I'll be receiving a 8gb-3G iPod-Touch this x-mas. But I'm in a sticky situation.

I've done alittle research on the device and have discovered that the iPod-touch uses a lot of iTunes to function, correct?

You need iTunes software from the start. You also need it to import songs to your iPod, correct?

Ok here's my problem. I don't have home internet, meaning I don't have access to iTunes. So does this mean im not going to be able to use my iPod in any way until I connect it to iTunes software?

Also, is there another way to put songs onto your iPods? Can't you just use the traditional method and use WMP or RealPlayer, instead of iTunes?

Thanks in advance. Im a total noob at this iPod-Touch thing so any additional info you might think I need will be great!

-KL-
  2. Tkf1

Tkf1 Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    How did you post this without internet?

When you take your ipod out of the box it'll go straight into recovery mode. Meaning you plug it into itunes. You can't do anything about that.

There's a whole bunch of software that you can tansfer music to your ipod.
  3. iPhondTouch3G

iPhondTouch3G Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    u can use SongBird by mozilla but it sucks. yeah u need itunes for full functionality.
  4. maxam

maxam Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Your going to need to find a way to get internet but all you need to do is download iTunes and your done. How did you post this? You already found a way to get internet by posting this.
  5. Tkf1

Tkf1 Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    Try and put it on a usb and install it. But your going to need internet for apps.
  6. KingLeonarldo

KingLeonarldo New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Thanks for the comments guys. Maybe ill go to a friends house and do what I need to do there.

I posted this and my original post from my mobile cell. Its all I have. So you can understand, there's nothing this type of internet can do to help me out.

Thanks again. Like I mentioned, if there's something I should know about the iPod-Touch, please post.

-KL-
  7. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Well, it sounds like you shouldn't get a touch... Maybe an iPod Nano or Zune HD. With thetouch, you need Internet for basically everything. That, or get Internet...
  8. KingLeonarldo

KingLeonarldo New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Thanks for responding.

We'll see what happens.
  9. Cl8rs

Cl8rs Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I kinda agree, although is sounds harsh, he is right. When I first got my touch we had no router, internet but no Wi-fi. It sucked.
  10. KingLeonarldo

KingLeonarldo New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I don't think im getting one anyways. Parents gave me false hope...again. I think im getting a Car though....

Please Register or Log in to view images