Begginer question

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by chinook, Aug 12, 2009.

1. chinook

chinook New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    So the disk I store all my iTunes stuff like movies, apps, and music on is starting to get full. How do I make everything from now on that I download go to another disk with more space?
  2. wearmaize

wearmaize Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    You can manually relocate the iTunes folder to an external drive and tell iTunes to read it from there. I don't know how, though a google search does.
  3. JIMIneitor

JIMIneitor Banned

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    you can also manually add those files into the library, but dont tell itunes to keep it organized, neither coppy the files to a special folder

Edit > Preferences > Advanced (isnt as advanced though)
  4. chinook

chinook New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Thanks. I did that. But it says iTunes Music Folder. So is it just affecting where my songs go?
  5. the3graves

the3graves New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    CNet has a short video podcast on moving your library to an external drive. That particular episode is dated 15/5/09 and is under the podcast heading of "How To". (Hope that all made sense). But I do have a question along those lines. Following the directions on that "How To" (using the "Consolidate" option under "Library"), it properly copied the music but the applications didn't copy. Now, when i hook up, Itunes thinks i don't have any apps. Anyone know what i need to do to get my apps from my old external to my new, larger hdd?
    Thanks for any help
    Larry
    (1st gen 16gb, non-JB)