Begginer Help

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.4 Jailbreak' started by ratykat, Jun 11, 2008.

1. ratykat

ratykat New Member

hey guys,

been reading around the internet the last few days about jailbreaking and generally modifying the touch. I understand a bit of it, but seen as my ipod is my baby, i thought id ask for clarity.

basically, i realise that the webportal way of jailbreaking isnt possible any more, so i have to use Zipod (the proper name slips from me).

now, ive been reading these horror stories of BSD loops and the such, and that older touch's cannot be jailbreaked. how can i tell if mine is compatible/wont bsd loop?

once it is jailbreaked, ive read that a peice of software called boss(somthing) should be installed to relocate font files to create more space. where do i get this from?

also, what are these sources ive been reading about that i have to install?

basically, im asking if anyone would hold my hand through all of this, i dont want to break my beautiful ipod for the sake of a snes emulator and google maps

Please Register or Log in to view images

thanks guys

2. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    I am sending you a link to get the correct software version and a guide. There will be no BSD or any other issues.
  3. ratykat

ratykat New Member

cheers jpga13,

ill let you know how it goes

4. Swat

Swat New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    After you jail break your iPod it will give you an "Installer" application on your springboard (desktop for the iPod Touch / iPhone.) From there is where you install different 3rd party applications to your iPod such as the "BossTool" you were speaking of. You can also add different sources to get more packages (applications.)

If you do get the BSD error all you have to do is hold the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time and it will shut off your iPod. Then you just have to restore your iPod and attempt the jailbreaking process again. In the worst case scenario your iPod will need to be restored but it will never be bricked unless you do something really, really stupid.

Hope I helped!
  5. h2c4life

h2c4life New Member

jpga13 could u also provide me with that link?
    also, does the sticky guides work? because i've been trying it...and it failed 2 times so far.
  6. ratykat

ratykat New Member

ok, after around 3 hours of talking to jpga13, my touch is completly out of jail, running TTR, Customize, Summerboard, SNES, GNESIS and Gameboy emulators and some other fun little apps.

jpga13 really knows his stuff, so if he says to do somthing, do it!

thanks again!
  7. hotnikkelz

hotnikkelz New Member

Can you send me the link as well. I have major problems that seem unsolvable with a restore. Can you help me please? a contact or something would be nice, cuz i don't tihnk you'll understand unless i explain to you in conversation
  8. dude_x

dude_x New Member

Hello,

I jsut bought a 32 GB itouch and would liek to play around with jailbreaking...would it be possible to get a link for a newbie ?

Thanks in advance,
    -Dude_x
  9. mlbplayer456

mlbplayer456 Banned

no prob, ill send you a tut and links
  10. ricardofelix95

ricardofelix95 Banned

if u need help PM me