Before Posting a "Should I Buy" Thread!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Qwedgeonline, Sep 4, 2010.

1. Qwedgeonline

Qwedgeonline Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    I've seen enough of these "Should I buy the new XXXXX?" so I decided to create this thread.

Ask yourself, "How large is my iTunes library?"

Most of these threads are tied in with their music library. Gather up all of the size info of your music, movies, books, podcasts etc. (By looking at the bottom of your iTunes window while in Music, Movies, Podcasts etc.) and add them up to get XGB. (Where X is your library total) Now, see what size of iPod you plan on getting. Will you have enough space? If you do, will you have at least 400MB of space leftover? (This helps the iPod cache load and other services)

If you want, You can post your "Should I buy" questions here, but please don't post an entirely new thread to ask in. You can also ask any other questions that you'd like answered.
  2. viperGTS

viperGTS Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Um, not to be rude or anything, but who are you to be telling us where to post our "should I buy" questions? And what if someone posted a completely new thread anyway? You couldn't do much.
  3. Athen123

Athen123 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    wth? Do you think your a mod or something? "I will allow?" I don't need your permission. I'll do whatever I want. Anyway that whole post doesn't make any sense WHY would it matter to you if someone buys a 64g iPod, but that only have 10gs of music?
  4. Lux2GS

Lux2GS Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Also what you said is not true. Your library is flexible, it expands and contracts, depending if you add music or clean it up, so I would always take a value thats alot higher than your library, because you might want to have movies on it, and they're a pain in the ass if you have 400MB free.

Oh, and before I forget, don't pretend to be a mod. It's not cool.
  5. ThePodofi

ThePodofi Well-Known Member

Godd idea for a thread. Bad way to present it.
  6. Qwedgeonline

Device:
    iPad 3
    Oh god. Way to start an argument everyone. I'm not trying to be a mod. It's nice to have everything organized.
  7. ThePodofi

You came off as rude. "I will allow" ( as if you have power to not allow)
    If people want to start a new thread asking that question its their prerogative.
  8. Bajingo Lingo

Bajingo Lingo New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    No matter how hard the mods are, a public forum will never be close to organized. And I see nothing wrong with 'Should I buy' threads, people have different situations. And it seems the mods think so too, as they are not being closed.
  9. Qwedgeonline

Device:
    iPad 3
  10. ThePodofi