Before I jailbreak...

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by SirSP, Apr 12, 2009.

1. SirSP

SirSP New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hey,
    I thought about jailbreaking my iPod Touch 2G today or tomorrow, well i don't know^^

Now the biggest question is: Will I be able to put all my bought or original apps back onto my jailbroken iPod?

Second...after trying and trying installing QuickFreedom...which didn't work, I tried out redTool.
    It works fine but when the progress bar went through and the custom FW is ready the window turns grey and nothing happens... Shouldn't a video or at least a manual for dfu mode pop up?

Ok thanks in advance
  2. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Hmm.
    Yes, everything will be able to be synced back on.

And search for redsn0w 0.2 unofficial release, or something similar to that, and download QuickPwn. It's much easier to use. Just run the .exe, plug your iPod in, put it into DFU Mode, and let the program run. It does everything by itself after that.

You should restore back to the original 2.2.1 firmware before using QuickPwn because some people have had problems using it without restoring first.
  3. dannnyds

dannnyds New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    use quickpwn 0.3 its nice and easy. yes you will be able to load up all ur apps bought r free, so go ahead and enjoy

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. SirSP

SirSP New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Ok you were a bit too late... I have jailbroken my iPod with QuickFreedom...It was pretty easy

ok i synched all my apps and music and stuff but then my sb respringed and i was stuck in the boot screen.
    Now I jailbroke it again and I will look for a solution.