Been Searching for Help

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by whispertoascream, Feb 17, 2009.

1. whispertoascream

whispertoascream New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I just got my Touch 4 days ago, and must say that I am in love with the part I can use on it. I mean I can do everything, from download apps., surf the web and so on and so on. I do not need to tell you what the Touch can do.

There is just one thing I can't do, LOAD SONGS! I have a Nano, and when I plug that into my computer and load iTunes it comes up with my device and my name, normaly I would click on that and load away. Easy not a problem. But I plug in my Touch to iTunes and I get NOTHING, my songs from my computer are all there, but can not do anything with them, as iTune does not seem to fully recognize the Touch. Only way it seems to recognize it is when I first load iTunes and it tells me I need to enter my password on my device.

What am I missing here? Am I doing something wrong? I can usually figure these things out without a problem. I have searched Google over and over again, and coming up with nothing except this site. So here I am hoping to get help from you.

Any ideas? It would be greatly appreciated.

It is a 16GB version 2.1.1 if that is of any help.
  2. ipodtouchesrule

ipodtouchesrule Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Remember the 6 R's:
    1. Recharge- Charge your iPod.
    2. Reboot- Turn your iPod off then turn it back on.
    3. Reset your iPod- To reset iPod touch, press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button at the same time until you see the Apple logo.
    4. Remove- If iPod touch is not working as expected, it may be due to some of the content synced to it. Try selectively removing certain content that may be causing unexpected behavior such as songs, contacts, calendars, photos, videos, or podcasts. To remove content, connect iPod touch via USB and use iTunes to change the sync settings. Click on iPod touch in the Source list, and select each tab to change what content is synced and click Apply.
    5. Reset Settings- Tap Settings > General > Reset > Reset All
    If that does not resolve your issue, try erasing all settings.
    Tap Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Contents and Settings

WARNING: Only do this if all else fails.
    6. Restore- Look here