Been away a long time, where are we at?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by slim8589, Mar 22, 2008.

1. slim8589

slim8589 New Member

I know, I know, I should spend half my life trying to read up on past threads but I'm hoping that the fact that I don't normally ask pointless questions over and over might buy me some goodwill.
    I stopped visiting before the SDK came out and now when I return there seem to have been lots of developments.
    I am on 1.1.1 (16Gb from last year) and am quite happy with it (especially mail, maps etc).
    I'd quite like the new version of maps but have held off.
    Now I need to know what the current situation is, what version could I be on? What is the easiest way to get there etc.
    I should say I'm mac only.

Really need the reply to be concise, make sense and come from someone who knows what they are talking about.

Cheers, and happy Easter!
  2. Tariomaster

Tariomaster Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    You have 2 choices.
    1. Install Oktoprep and upgrade then use a file that takes about 30 minutes, then use a GUI update from 1.1.2 to 1.1.3, which takes 45 minutes
    2.Restore and Update to 1.1.4/1.1.3 and use Ziphone, which the actual Jailbreak only takes 45 seconds, but takes 20 minutes overall

Time:
    Option 1:about 1:30 hours
    Option 2:about 20 minutes AT THE MOST WITH USB 1.0!
  3. x6blues

x6blues New Member

Tario is correct with the jailbreaks, 1.1.4 is the current version out. As for other developments

new, custom firmwares will now be possible in the future. look here for more info

the new firmware 2.0, SDK one to be blunt, has also been jailbroken so look out for this. Here is a vid. It will be available, along with the SDK, in June for a "nominal" fee.

Then the new apps which a look through installer, you will see

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. slim8589

slim8589 New Member

Ok thanks guys, so the 1.1.4 update is working/updating reliably for people and can then have the apps (mail etc) installed? I so don't want to lose that functionality.
    Cheers for bringing me up to speed.
  5. Thrash_648

Thrash_648 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    And can i mention that of the above, the one that takes longer (OkToPrep method) is only a Soft Upgrade, so REALLY unstable, and ZiPhone is a true/real jailbreak so it provides full functionality and full stability as running a non-jailbroken 1.1.4.
  6. FluxBox

FluxBox New Member

Mail and everything is BETTER on 1.1.4. You get wiggly icons too =]
  7. Thrash_648

Thrash_648 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Wiggly icons = pwnage.

And you also get Webclips which are useful.