BeejiveIM Questions

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by wilson8590, Jan 9, 2009.

1. wilson8590

wilson8590 New Member

Questions about Beejive Application

1) Is it worth purchasing this MSN application?
    2) Does it really work as advertised? (It states that you can be logged on 24/7) Does that mean if I put the Ipod touch on sleep mode...it will continue to stay online?
    3) If I format my computer, will the Beejive application be gone? and have to pay this application again?
    4) Am I able to use other applications and leave Beejive running in the background? I have an Ipod touch 2G (not jailbroken)

Thanks
  2. Bubalooshi

Bubalooshi Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Let me start off by saying I think this is a great application.

1. Yes. Not only is it MSN, but also AIM, ICQ, and something else (I think).

2. Theoretically, yes, but technically no. When you enter sleep mode, the application is closed. You can set an option to keep you signed in as long as you have a push account. If you do have one set it, it will send a message to your iPod's push account. So yes, you are signed in, but not literally. I's a neat feature to test out.

3. No, you will not have to pay for it again. iTunes will recognize that you have already bought the application and it will be free if you re-download it.

4. No. You cannot keep it running in the background. HOWEVER, this is where the Push Account feature comes into use. Once you get a message, you'll hear the mail received sound. That's when you know you received a message, even if you're playing a game or listening to music. Or doing anything else. Even if it is in Sleep Mode.
  3. wilson8590

wilson8590 New Member

Thank you for sharing.
    This is definitely an interesting application and I'm planning to purchase Beejive and Monopoly.

Please Register or Log in to view images

i'm so excited to get this soon!
  4. Bubalooshi

Bubalooshi Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    No problem.

I'm using a 2G iPod, too. I use the Push Notification service whenever I want to keep the screen off. A Push Account DOES sees to drain my battery faster, though. But you can just turn it off when not using it (which is what I do).
  5. mclaurin10

mclaurin10 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Yeah, agreed I like it a lot, the push feature is one that requires an emai laccount that supports push thouhg, as the poster above stated.

Though soon, (their 5 months past their deadline) apple should be rolling out a unified push notification services applications can use, so theoretically you can put your ipod/iphone to sleep and it will make a noise or vibrate when you receive a message, no date on that but it should be happening.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Out of curiosity what service do you have that has push, I know mobile me does but I dont feel like paying $99 for it you know?
  6. BigDaveyJ

BigDaveyJ New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Let me fix this, yes you are ALWAYS logged in. Once you go into WiFi you can check you BeejiveIM messages from like, days ago. Its awesome if you are taking a trip.
  7. wilson8590

wilson8590 New Member

Cool.

Also, if my iPod is in sleep mode, does it show an online status on my friend's list?

Thanks
  8. BigDaveyJ

BigDaveyJ New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    All the time, as long as you don't select offline in the account menu, or log out remotely, you are on. If your iPod is dead, still logged in, grounded from computer and iPod for a month, STILL logged in.
  9. wilson8590

wilson8590 New Member

thanks big dave.
  10. Avatarv

install backgrounder and status notifier from cydia... the app will run in background and the number of unread IMs will be displayed as a badge on the app.