Preview Beam

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by berky93, Apr 4, 2009.

1. berky93

berky93 New Member

IT'S OUT! you can find the theme release HERE

----------------------------------------------------------------

It's been a while since I worked on a theme, so I figured I'd take another shot at it. I had this idea for a while, but didn't want to work on it until I finished my other project (which you can see in the graphic design section)

This theme is based off of the default icon for each application. a 1-pixel line is taken from each icon and modified into the icons you see in the theme. this not only makes the theme unique but still gives each icon individuality and a sense of familiarity.

as always, I love criticism.

Attached Files:

2. Vince

Vince Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I can't even see what it is...
  3. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    ^Yea how do we see what it looks like?
  4. iKeablr

iKeablr Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Fix the preview
  5. berky93

berky93 New Member

whats wrong with the preview? all of the icons are 2 pixels thick... the point isn't to be seen - its a very minimalist theme, and the reason there even is the design from the app's icon is to add some color and uniqueness to each icon. it complements a very dark wallpaper, or the default black screen.

oh and I need an opinion about 2 things:

should the placement be at the bottom of the 60x60 px canvas, so its right above the text (if you so choose to enable icon text) or in the middle? also, should the calendar icon have the day on top of the icon and date on the bottom, or both on top or both on bottom? or some other configuration...?
  6. Nburnes

Device:
    OnePlus One
    So your saying that line is your SMS icon? We can't even see it. If you make us able to click on it and actually see it we would be able to give you some criticism.
  7. iKeablr

iKeablr Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    So you are telling that all the icons are going to look like the way they do in the preview. If so then it would be hard to tell which icon is which.

Personally this theme is not for me.
  8. berky93

berky93 New Member

well it IS 60x60px, pretty small. in a bit I will be able to upload a screenshot of my springboard, complete with custom wallpaper. everything will look better/more visible then.
  9. Nburnes

Device:
    OnePlus One
    Yea that would help alot. No offense.

Please Register or Log in to view images

10. berky93

berky93 New Member

no I perfectly understand - actually, after uploading the preview and seeing it in the thread, I instantly knew I would need a full springboard shot. I'm still finishing up the rest of the icons on the first page of my springboard so I can get a screenie, but it still wnot technically be complete until I get my custom wallpaper finished. but since that's lower priority, I'll upload one with just the black wallpaper.