Be Prepared for the Spirit Storm.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by xXrkidXx, May 2, 2010.

1. xXrkidXx

xXrkidXx Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Alright. Well I have seen lots of threads recently regarding SHSH blobs and making sure your going to be ready for Spirit.

Pertains to iPod touch 3G, iPad, iPhone 3G New Bootrom.

So I thought I should give a hand.

HOW TO KNOW YOU'RE GOOD TO GO

1. You are currently Jailbroken on 3.1.2 and on the top of Cydia's startpage you see "This Device Has SHSH Hashes on file for iPhone OS 3.1.2"

2. You have followed this guide ( http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=282684 ***) And you have a ".shsh" file stored somewhere on your computer. Make sure it is named something without spaces I.e. "iPt3.1.3.shsh"

2b. You have used iH8sn0w's AutoSHSH Grabber for 3.1.3/3.2 and you have a SHSH file for your device(s).

WHAT TO DO IF YOU'RE NOT GOOD TO GO.

1.(Recommended) Download iH8sn0w's AutoSHSH Grabber for 3.1.3/3.2 Here ( http://www.[PIRACY.mf].com/?dznm5a5mkcw ) And make sure you save the SHSH file on your hardrive that will be A) Safe and B) You will remember where it is when the time comes.

This Will also Store your 3.1.3 SHSH on file with Saurik's servers. That way all you have to do is edit your host file if needed.

2.(Not Recommended) Follow this guide ( http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=282684 ***)

You're Done!

1. You either were already set, or you completed one of the methods I mentioned above.

Enjoy, and you are now ready for the Spirit Storm.

Please Register or Log in to view images

***In the end you will need to follow this guide ( http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=282861 ) To host your ".shsh" files so that you can restore if need be. Just decided that that needed to be said as well, Thank ownerofspam for reminding me of this vital part of the guide.

Also, For TinyTSS to recognize and find your ".shsh" file it must be in the same folder as TinyTSS.(Credit, again, goes to ownerofspam, Thanks for helping me fill in the blanks/mistakes!)
  2. J-Phone

J-Phone Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    cydia isnt holding 3.1.2 anymore
  3. The Baydestrian

The Baydestrian Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    You posted twice for each section lol
  4. JoeyB

JoeyB Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    Why did you repeat everything, twice? Btw, You misspelled 'Spirit' in the topic and when you said 'Your Done' it should say 'You're Done!' and it should say 'How to know if you're good to go!' not your, same with the 'how to know if you not good to go' should say 'you're' not 'you'.
    (just my 2 cents)
  5. xXrkidXx

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Ok.. I suck at the Enlgish Language, thanks for letting me know lol..

Crap. I DID mispell Spirit..

And I noticed the 2ice thing.. I have no freaking idea, ask Opera.

And I'm sorry about the mispellings.. I think that it turned out good and will help a lot of people. I doubt most people(my age, 15) will notice things like a Mispelled "Your" But yea, the Spirit thing is pretty obvious.. Damn you Spell Check (>.<)
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Wouldn't it still have them on-file if somebody saved them awhile ago? When it was holding 3.1.2 hashes?

EDIT

Can a Mod edit the title? It's starting to piss me off now that I noticed it xD
  6. J-Phone

J-Phone Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    those who did it before cydia stopped will have 3.1.2, people who do it now will have 3.1.3
  7. xXrkidXx

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Yea. So people who are jailbroken and see that are good to go. Like I posted in the OP

8. JoeyB

JoeyB Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    I'm 12, and I noticed it...
  9. lunchmeats101

lunchmeats101 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Damn... I don't see it.
  10. metalhead777

metalhead777 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I don't think your age really matters or pertains to the topic. Personally, I'm very excited for this Spirit jailbreak, and I won't tell my friends at all and I'll be the only one that has a JB for our iPods.

Please Register or Log in to view images

They don't know what they're gonna be missing.