Battling the free Wi-Fi Nazi...Can I beat him?

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself' started by jhobbick, Sep 1, 2010.

1. jhobbick

jhobbick New Member

Aug 31, 2010
    Ok, I'm new and I have learned a ton here about my 3g touch. This place is phenomenal! Here is my problem (I will try to keep it as brief as possible).
    I bought the 3g touch because our new IT guy at work (I work at a car dealership in central Illinios)is an internet Nazi. He has blocked everything not work related from our desk top PC's. So now during my breaks or lunch/dinner time (we have 12-14 hr work days) I can not check my childrens school progress, weather, news or anything of the sort.
    No problem it is their computor & their internet. However we offer free WiFi in our customer lounge. So I along with 3 co-workers bought the 3g so we could check on the outside world via WiFi during breaks and lunch. As soon as we were noticed using the touch it stopped working.
    That's how I found this web site. I learned that it was possible to change my DNS address and that worked!!! for about 3 days. Now I think he has just blocked ALL IPOD's (if that is possible).
    My question is this...HOW DO I GET AROUND HIS BLOCK??? change MAC address??? changeIPOD's name??? The lounge still has free WiFi. I've seen people in there with lap tops.
    PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!