Battlestar Galactica, Series Finale, Anyone watch it?

Discussion in 'Music, Movies, TV, and Videos' started by Duykur, Mar 20, 2009.

1. Duykur

Duykur Banned

Well, anyone watch it, what where you though's on the ed of the show?

WOW i was just blow away, this is the best show on TV!
  2. InaudibleWhisper

InaudibleWhisper Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Best sci-fi show of all time, no contest. It was at time of airing the best show on TV in terms of writing and acting. It had somewhat lost it's way after Season 2 with some filler episodes, but there was always mind blowing stuff in between and some amazing character development. The finale was very satisfying for me. In terms of the characters and how their journey came to an end, they absolutely nailed it.

In terms of answering the overall arc, the "everything has happened before and will happen again" was tied up nicely and the "God's plan" was kinda ambiguously just reaffirmed. I don't think a lot of people expected it to be taken literally as God, but I love Head Baltars line "it doesn't like to be called that" as it makes the identity of God a bit more ambiguous. You don't have to settle with the idea that God is the literal omnipotent deity and creator of all, leaving it's identity completely open which is a bit annoying, but to answer that would be an attempt at answering the very questions which plague us today in a very real sense and the show was never in a position to give us those answers.

Worst part: Racetracks magic nukes destroying the colony

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. Duykur

Duykur Banned

RDM said that the earlycut was the nukes nudged the colony out of orbit and into the pull of the black hole