Battle of the CASES

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by james_park617890, Dec 20, 2007.

1. james_park617890

james_park617890 New Member

hi i was looking at all the cases for ipod touch, and i came to realize that there are two main different kinds. i was wondering which type of case is more preferrable.

1) the first type i saw was silicon one that covers the entire ipod except the screen...it looked nice when the ipod touch wasn't in it, but once it was in, it gave a cheap feeling to the expensive gadget.

2) another type i saw was a leather one (specifically incase leather one). this one looked very sturdy when the ipod touch was in it, and it also looked more stylish than i thought. if there was one thing i was iffy about, it is the belt cliping because i have no use for it since i m not gonna carry around a 400 dollar machine on a belt.

So which of the two types of cases are better? which one offers more style, protection, and bang for your buck. Any thought inputs would be greatly appreciated. THANK YOU

Please Register or Log in to view images

( PS. i read that Griffin iClear case lets all the dust in so that's out of the question)
  2. jd-08

jd-08 New Member

3. yoyoyo

yoyoyo New Member

Well, I prefer the silicon ones mainly because they allow you to protect the touch while using it. With the leather ones you have to take it out to use it.
  4. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

I like the BSD or invisible shield for the look of the actual ipod, not the case.
  5. james_park617890

james_park617890 New Member

thank you for the link..i am new to this site and thus my knowledge of those subforums are very limited ... ty
  6. Parker618

Parker618 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    i just bought a sillicone case ast radio shack and it came with 2 for $9.99
  7. gamer4eva

gamer4eva Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    You should look at the CapsuleTouch. It doesn't quite fit in any of the categories but it lacks the problems you face with the two.

~gamer4eva
  8. Assassin Sheepdog

Assassin Sheepdog New Member

yeah, I would use invisiblesheild if anything. the silicone is just too cheap and I dont rly like leather