Battery!

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by mitcharr, Jul 31, 2008.

1. mitcharr

mitcharr New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Is something wrong with my ipod battery? or is it just me.

If i play nonstop games, or browse net, watch videos etc, my battery will last about 2 hours or a bit more.

i continually have to charge it, by the time i get home from school its pretty much used up(if i used it at school much) then it will charge, then it will be almost depleted by the end of the night (with use) so have to charge it again overnight, reaalllly annoying.

Is it just me or is everyone else finding they are constantly recharging their ipods/iphone
  2. deadlyvirus

deadlyvirus New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Let's see
    Games chew battery, Internet chews battery, and videos chew battery. So, yeah, you might have to charge 'er up more than a few times. There is a thread somewhere that says how to save battery. I've equated the touch to a laptop, battery life sucks.
  3. jordskee

jordskee Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    yeah i have to charge mine twice daily
  4. mobbin07

mobbin07 Member

I charge mine every two days

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. Bibbi Bokken

Bibbi Bokken New Member

since i only listen to music, i only charge mine once a week!

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. mrgas2004

mrgas2004 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)

do u only listen to it like 5-10 minutes at a time then turn it off till your next use?
  7. Bibbi Bokken

Bibbi Bokken New Member

no i listen to it like 1hr a day more or less. Also if you turn it off, it wastes more batterry than if it were aslpeep. At least on mine.
  8. Tman47

Tman47 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    umm obviously...
  9. IcyStorm

IcyStorm New Member

Watching videos, playing games, browsing the Internet, and other strenuous tasks take up more CPU cycles, which in turn takes up more of the battery life. Tasks such as music playing of course don't require as much, so therefore your battery can last longer with things like checking the calendar, playing music, etc.

Apple's website states the expected battery life for each type of task, so you should've known this.
  10. Dj Spike

Dj Spike New Member

i think i might know why...

when you exit an application do you just tap the home button fast?..

because if you do then you haven't exited the application fully.. it will still run in the background without you noticing..

to fully exit an application puch in the home button for around 7-8 seconds and you will exit it from the prossess... and it will not run in the background.. try what i said for awhile and say if you notice any difference... and i suggest you to get an application called Restart ... all it does is that it restarts your ipod really fast and all applications will close from what they arew doing.. you will save alot of battery by that... hope my post helps for you and others..