battery.....

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by kee, Apr 23, 2008.

1. kee

kee New Member

so when i went to bed the other night i had plugged in my ipod touch to charge it like i do every night. in the morning it was charged only 4% (i have the battery app). then at school i had plugged it in to the computer to charge it more but it didn't charge it at all. it died about 40 minutes after i took it off the charger. i took it home and restored it so now its factory settings and it still won't charge, i thought the jailbreak might have messed it up but since it still does it when its not jailbroken then idk what is wrong with it. i have only had it for about 4 months. has anyone had this problem? it won't charge, the battery stays in the red at about 5%
  2. josiche

josiche New Member

it's simple.. i had a similar problem with the wifi that stopped working. even after i restored it ( i also had it jailbroken ) so i took it to an apple store to see if they`d repair it.. and they said it was on garanty.. anyway they changed for a new one!! just restore it new and put some songs in it.. then take it to apple and tell them you were having some problems with the ipoT so you restored it but the problem is still there.. and most probably they`ll change it.. you ain`t got nothing to lose

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. wearmaize

wearmaize Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    All iPods have had battery issues.

Apple will replace it for you.
  4. kee

kee New Member

thats why i haven't jailbroken it yet, i was planning on taking it in today if no one knew a way to fix it, i took the same ipod into the apple store before when it was jailbroken and my dock connector only works for the computer, no dock accessories work with it. so they were gona replace it but it was hacked. idk how this ipod got so messed up, ts only bout 4 months old, never got wet, and i never have dropped it
  5. wearmaize

wearmaize Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    It's not because you jailbroke. It's just battery issues, and jailbreaking won't continue to mess that up after a restore.
  6. kee

kee New Member

i haven't jailbroken it yet because i am gona take it in to apple. and i know that jailbraking doesn't mess up the ipod.
  7. JeffS

JeffS Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I just got my 16gig replaced a couple of days ago for battery issues. The guy at the apple store looked at it, noted the amount of charge, and had me surf a few websites. When he saw how much it dropped in less than 10 minutes, he was actually quite suprised and handed me a new one on the spot.

I kind of got the impression that they are being careful to not just swap out for people claiming battery issues, but they actualy need to see something wrong.
    He made sure to go into the music player, and hold the home button down so it would close completely and not be accountable for battery loss.

I just surfed about 3 tabs at once with a lot of refreshes and it started dropping pretty quickly.

If it's not holding a charge, definitely take it to Apple.

-Jeff