Battery Widget

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by Captain*, Jun 5, 2009.

1. Captain*

Captain* Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    I am currently experimenting with widgets and am using the Gitykins lockscreen widget at the moment:

Please Register or Log in to view images

I have been on the hunt since I got my tethered jailbreak for a widget with the battery status displayed on the lockscreen.

Imagine a reverse of the charging, so as time goes by the battery icon goes down and not up as if its charging, I can make this as the icons are 1-17 but I need to know how to get the iPod to "think" its charging or at least write a JS widget that keeps it constantly up but switches the locations of the pictures (the widget png's will obv be in the WB theme folder)

Thanks for any help, CG
  2. andybno2

andybno2 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    well initial instinct for me regarding the image thing is take the current ones and just reverse the number 17 - 1, 16 - 2 etc

as for the concept I take it your after a lockscreen battery that shows the current charge?

oh yeh love the lockscreen btw
  3. Captain*

Captain* Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Exactly, however getting the conecpt of it showing whilst un connected is not easy. I'm no java programmer but if I could see any variation of a JS that shows the battery on the lockscreen I could then change the source images, resize and relocate it using CSS and HTML and then implement it into the Lockscreen widget..
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    I have got this so far:

Battery Widget

>winterboard theme that changes lockscreen bacground as battery status changes

>will require a javascript (try HTML - doubt) that can find the current battery status (eg: 10%)

>can then be used by HTML to choose
    the lockbacgroung.png depending on the javascripts output (eg: 10%)

>once working - convert into CSS widget that overlays bg and can dynamically read and use current battery theme (in WB / default)