Battery time while watching video

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by hourog, Mar 7, 2008.

1. hourog

hourog New Member

I'm on a JB'd 1.1.2 16GB iPod Touch. I can only get 2 hours max when watching video.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Aren't we supposed to get ~5 hours of video time? Is it worth doing a restore and staying away from a jailbreak to get more viewing time? Or should I run to the nearest Apple store and try to get a new one?
  2. lqv2015

lqv2015 New Member

Yeah, I get about 2 hrs too. I think to get 5 hrs, you need to turn the volume & brightness as low as possible. That & the lithium battery isn't what it use to be when new.
  3. hourog

hourog New Member

I decided to do a restore and see if that improves the view time. If not, it's time for a trip to Apple.
  4. robcoffee

robcoffee New Member

On
    1.1.3 softbreak I watchedthree hours of video (three episodes of live on mars) and had 50 percent battery left. That pretty much covered I'm to verbier. Return journey watched another 3 episodes plus an hour on islots and still has 50 percent battery left. Return journey was on 1.1.4 jailbroken ziphone.
  5. hourog

hourog New Member

I'm on legit 1.1.4 with the Apple purchased apps - for now.

Have just run 2 1/2 hours of DLTV episodes and it looks like I have ~20% battery left - While the iPod touch was purchased in Nov07, I have only used it lightly, so the battery shouldn't have taken any major hits. It's not been exposed to any extreme temps or any abuse.

I dunno, maybe a trip to Apple will shed some light. Fortunately, I live in a city with a couple of stores.
  6. touchhacker101

touchhacker101 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I have 1.1.1 jailbroken firmware

i can get about 3.5-4 hrs on full battery and around 2 for 50%. wifi turned off, ssh turned off. if wifi is turned on, its only 3 hrs.
  7. hourog

hourog New Member

Hmmm....... I have wifi on - forgot about that.

Tanx touchhacker101
  8. Complexis

Complexis Retired Moderator

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I've noticed that with jailbroken 16GB, video playback was about 3.5 hours with Wifi off, however with non-jailbreaked, it lasts between 4.5-5 with Wifi off.
  9. rodrigo220

rodrigo220 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I usually get 2 to 3 hours of safari or videos.
  10. hourog

hourog New Member

Well, from the tests I've run, it looks like 2 movies on a long flight are out, however, a movie and some music or a tv episode will work.

Thanks to all for your input.