Battery Software Issue

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mjrossi, Mar 13, 2008.

1. mjrossi

mjrossi New Member

My battery SAYS it is at 0 right now. It is plugged in. If I unplug it, it'll shut off. I can then turn it on, and the battery will climb up to 100 and stay there. It will not SHOW any discharge until I plug it in, then it will return to 0.

It is getting annoying, but its been this way through a couple full restores. I believe it started when I installed the Advanced Preferences app.

I was thinking the best way to fix it would be to get a new copy of the battery software. Anyone know where that is located on the touch? Or where I can find a new copy of that part of the software.
  2. 8gigaPodTouch

8gigaPodTouch New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    what do u mean Battery Software? or u mean to say Battery Image?

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. mjrossi

mjrossi New Member

not an image problem

the image isnt the problem, its the software that tells the display what image to use. The only annoying thing is that whenever I unplug my iPod, it'll shut off cuz it thinks its dead. But when I turn it on while unplugged, the power jumps back to 100%

One other thing, while the battery says 0, the icon changes from the charging lightning bolt to the charged/plug symbol. I use the numeric value setting in advanced settings, thats why I can see either the icon or the number