Battery question

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Gabe, Oct 18, 2007.

1. Gabe

Gabe Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Well I just ordered a itouch 8gb and got 1 day shipping so it will be here tomorrow

Please Register or Log in to view images

lol

I had a question on the battery, are you suppose to charge it up all the way before you use it, does it come fully charged or what? I know some battery's say to get maximum battery life fully charge it before you use it?
  2. Lee

Lee New Member

About 3hrs to fully charge.

Its a bit like a cellfone battery.

You will get optimum charge after 2-3'ish full cycle charges and discharges.
  3. Gabe

Gabe Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Didn't answer my question, I guess ill find out what the book says when it comes if it says any special instructions for first usage battery charging.
  4. 1337chaos

1337chaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    i dont believe it comes fully charged, as the first time you turn it on it tells you to plug it in. i would suggest charging it fully when you first get it.
  5. AlexRADL

AlexRADL Retired Moderator

Mine came fully charged. It takes about 3 hours to charge 80% and about 4 hours to fully charge.
  6. Mdrei

Mdrei New Member

Just curious, where did you order yours? I'll be ordering next week.
  7. Otherman

Otherman New Member

Haha, this is my first post, I've just been lurking the forums since I joined, but no one is answering your question so I will. I know what you mean, I haven't got my touch yet (slow shipping) so I can't tell you what the manual says but out of experience I can give you some tips. Generally it is recommended to (when you first recieve a device with a Li battery) to charge it up fully right away, and then use it or leave it on in order to drain the battery right down to nothing. Make sure you drain the battery fully, and then just charge it up and use your device as you normally would (charging it up as often as possible). This should insure a good battery life. The same process is recommended when you start using a device after not using it for a month or more. I don't know the actual science of this because frankly I'm not that interested in learning the physics of lithium batteries, but that is what I know, think that answers your question. If I am wrong in any way, someone please correct me, because I'd like to know myself

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. Otherman

Otherman New Member

I'd also like to know, I didn't pay for fast shipping and I ordered mine on Sunday morning, apple said it won't ship until 24th-29th! The website said (before I ordered, and it still says) that Ipod Touch's ship in 7-10 days, mine won't ship for 10-15! and it won't arrive until Nov. 1-9!!! I can't wait that long!

must....show...off...
  9. Rallos

Rallos New Member

Mine came with a partial charge on it so it was enough to use it during class the day I got it. Although I would also echo the advice of other people and say that you should drain it fully after the first charge.
  10. Gabe

Gabe Member

Device:
    iPhone
    I ordered one from PC Connection this morning, I thought it was in-stock but then when I finished ordering it was out of stock, I checked my order status and it said waiting on shipment 3-5 days. So a few minutes later I called them up and the lady said that apple has had a hard time getting them a new shipment, so I just told her to cancel my order and then I ordered it from amazon.com and its packed and shipping out later today. It will be here tomorrow, I'm normally not a sucker for 1 day shipping but ahh what the hell, it was $16 to ship it.

And thanks for the info Otherman