Battery question

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by iliyager, Sep 22, 2010.

1. iliyager

iliyager Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    So ... The battery problems. I don't know what to do. Because battery magic is saying I have alot of time left on my battery. But it's complete bullsh*t. I'm scared to exchange it for another one. Like it was just 85 percent 2 minutes of browsing and it's at 80. On low Brightness. No apps in backgroun. What to do
  2. iTouchEC

iTouchEC Banned

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I think my battery is kinda weak too. I notice when browsing it drains pretty quick. I think because apps stay open, it causes drainage too. I'm getting a replacement from Apple soon I'll see if that ones any different.
  3. JakeMan

JakeMan Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Charge your device completely, then use it until it dies. Then charge it up once more completely. That will re-callibrate the battery, and should be more accurate.

Also, a tip on better battery life- charge it ONLY when it's below 20% (10% is better). Don't take it off until it's above 95% or so. Charging it while it has 50% left will really kill the battery. It's not terrible to do it every once in a while, but avoid that. Its kept my iPhone 3G going for over 2 days at a time, while actively using it.

If you do that and you don't notice a difference after about a week, you might have a defective battery. But re-callibrating and charging it correctly should help, or at least tell you if you have a good battery. Hope that helps

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. iliyager

iliyager Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I was thinking about a replacement but what if hat one is worse and maybe this is normal
  5. GazaIan

GazaIan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    In Battery Magic, there's a setting that gives you the slider to select you battery's health. Accurate health info gives a better estimation.
  6. JakeMan

JakeMan Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Don't replace it. Just try what I suggested, and if that has absolutely no effect then you might have a bad battery. For the most part that will fix any rechargeable batteries.