Battery Problems?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by spike021, Sep 13, 2008.

1. spike021

spike021 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I haven't seen any recent threads regarding this topic, but I'll try to keep it quick and painless

Please Register or Log in to view images

Just got my new 2G Touch on Wednesday (three days ago) by the time Thursday night had come, I had already used a little under 3/4 of my battery even though I only used it for like <5 hrs. Is this normal? I was also wondering if it could be because I have wifi on like the whole time the iPod is on... I just thought because the battery life is supposedly 33 hours with audio, it would still be at least 15 when using wifi.

Thanks for the help.
  2. sfazngiants

sfazngiants Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    using wifi will drain your battery quicker, so it should be normal
  3. cell-gfx

cell-gfx New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I find that while playing MotionX Poker, using Safari and the App Store, I can drain my battery to 20% in about two hours, quite easily. This is with the default display brightness settings though and wifi constantly enabled. Does this sound about right?
  4. sb28

sb28 New Member

How do you think Apple gets the 36 hours?
    I think they press the Play-Button and wait until the iPod's Battery is empty!
    They do not use the display, they do not use Wi-Fi and thats why I know I'll never get these 36 hours!

After three Days with my new 2G iPod Touch I think a realistic number when using Wifi and different Apps (-> display most of the time on) is about 18 Hours...
  5. craigstephen420

craigstephen420 New Member

Did you put your new touch through a drain and recharge cycle yet? Let it drain completely than charge it overnight. This helps dramatically at least it did with mine. Turn autolock on for no more than 2 minutes, when you want to stop using the touch, don't power off, put it into sleep for powering on takes alot of juice. Set your screen brightness to manual and keep it lower than the factory setting. Obviously keep wifi off unless your using it. If you jailbreak, you have to shut some program off that runs in the background using some other app-this will kill your battery life to like 3 hours. P.S: Only drain and recharge at the most once a month. The ipod likes to stay in the middle of its charge. Anytime during the month, just throw it on the charger overnight and this should keep your battery heathy.
  6. cell-gfx

cell-gfx New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    18 hours? No way am I seeing that. At best it's 3 hours of consistent use. Do you think I should raise this with Apple?
  7. craigstephen420

craigstephen420 New Member

if your only getting 3 hours after doing what I suggested, than yes, you need to take it back to apple and get a new one.
  8. serjen

serjen New Member

You my good fellow are right, that is what they tell you to do on how to test how much battery life your ipod touch has, they say if it drops below 80% life in your warrenty they will replace the battery for free
  9. 101gfx

101gfx New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I think you have some serious time realization problems

Please Register or Log in to view images

. Because its <5 hours video, and depending on the App and how CPU intensive it is it will be less than that.
  10. cell-gfx

cell-gfx New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    The most intensive app I use is Motion X Poker, but today for example, it's just Safari and I'm at 50% battery after 1hr 15 minutes of constant use. I set the brightness lower and turned off push data, but am yet to see an improvement.