Battery problem

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ric__30, Apr 13, 2008.

1. ric__30

ric__30 New Member

Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone knew a solution as to why the battery level of my ipod would continue to drain when put in standby at about the same rate if I simply left my ipod on. I've had my ipod since Christmas and only recently did this problem occur. The only thing I did differrently since I got it was upgrade to 1.14 and jailbreak with iLiberty but that was like 3 weeks ago. I only started noticing it about a week ago and it gets annoying having to completely turn off the ipod to save battery life. O yeah, I also installed Categories at about the same time I noticed the problem by I doubt that's the culprit; problably just a coincidence. Any suggestions?
  2. Totally 1337

Totally 1337 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    hhmmmmmmmmm.......

Please Register or Log in to view images

try totally draining the battery and fully charging it a couple times. thats all i can think of.
  3. ric__30

ric__30 New Member

Thanks for the advce but I tried that already and it didn't work. Anybody else have any suggestions?
  4. Jay_21

Jay_21 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I know having wifi and ssh on all the time drains the battery. Are they on all the time?
  5. luri

luri New Member

Device:
    iPod touch

Do a full restore. If that doesn't help, your battery is f***ed up.
  6. dieselboy27

dieselboy27 New Member

I'm experiencing the same problem. I had my ipod touch 8gb at about 80% charged, turned off wifi, ssh and went to bed. Got up and turned it on, and it was at something like 40%. I turned on wifi and went to a page and next thing you know it's 30%. It seems as though the battery just likes to drain itself when sitting there. I'm thinking about doing a full restore and checking to see if the same thing happens under official unlocked firmware. If that's the case it has to go back for repair.

Please Register or Log in to view images

I doubt that jailbreaking would make that much of an effect on battery life. But I'll post back with my results in a few days.

ric__30, have you tried using the official firmware to see if there is a difference in battery life?
  7. go itouch

go itouch New Member

me too, i charged my ipod touch fully and i went to bed the next morning my ipod touch said 10% left????? help
  8. Jay_21

Jay_21 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I was having the same problem awile ago and found out it was an app that was draining my battery. So i deleted it. (Devicescape Connect) even if you close applications some apps will still be active draining your battery. The only thing you can do is uninstall the app you think is to blame. Or open the app and hold the home botton for 8 seconds. It will complety close the app and any functions it might be carrying out (like searching for a network). If that doesnt help, restore.
    *what are you using to charge your ipod?
  9. snow naval

snow naval New Member

Delete all apps that use the internet or Local Network in any way.
  10. Jay_21

Jay_21 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    What apps do you have? The only app i had to uninstall was Devicescape Connect.
    what do you use to charge your ipod?