Battery Problem!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by dhoff024, Dec 1, 2009.

1. dhoff024

dhoff024 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    This is my first time on this forum and this is actually my first ipod touch. I bought an ipod touch off of ebay that had a white screen because I am good at fixing things and figured I could get one cheaper that way and just fix it. I when through the steps the reboot it and restore it and neither work so I decided to put a new lcd in and that went well other than me cutting open the battery pack on accident. Before I did this the ipod turned on and you could tell that it worked because you could touch the screen and you could hear it click things. Now it will not turn on (im guessing that is just because I accidentally opened up the battery) if I replace the battery will it work again? I figure it will since nothing else is damaged but I just figured people on here would know better than I would. Thanks in advance for the help.
  2. Shawa

Shawa Super Moderator

Device:
    Nexus 4
    If all you damaged was the battery, replacing it should fix it.
  3. dhoff024

dhoff024 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Ya I have checked everything else and all the ribbon cables are good and so are the connectors everything else is good but I cut the battery and tried taping it shut but it wouldnt turn on so I figured that once it is opened it is shot so I wil replace the battery and then see how that works. Thank you for you help.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Just to make sure before I buy another battery when you cut the case open or bend or puncture the battery this causes it to be damaged for good and wont let the ipod turn on even if you plug it into the computer correct?
  4. dhoff024

dhoff024 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I am wondering if it should turn on if it is plugged into the pc even with the battery damaged? I hope that I can get it to turn back on. Everything looks good inside besides the battery. I just need to know if it is supposed to turn on when plugged in even if the battery is damaged? That should help me out thanks.