Battery problem - need suggestions

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by trsblader, Feb 21, 2010.

1. trsblader

trsblader Member

I've searched but since I don't know what to call my "problem" it's kinda hard without reading every single battery related thread on the site.

My problem is that my ipod shows 100% battery life on the ipod and on itunes. The instant I unplug the ipod, it says 97%. If i instantly reconnect the ipod, it will say 95% for a couple seconds and then go back up to 100%.

So, is my problem the battery itself, or the app I'm using to monitor the battery? Obviously I can't remove the app and tell if it's 100% or 97% because the meter isn't in a percentage without my app. The name of the app I use I got off Cydia and is called "Battery Control."

The accuracy is set to "High (SBSettings)" in case that makes a difference.

Just looking to see if anyone has had similar answers and can help me narrow down whether it's the battery or just this app.

Thanks,
    Brent
  2. SoBe

SoBe Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    thats not an issue at all. its like that with all ipods. when you unplug it and leave it on for a few minutes it will go from 95 or 97 or watever back up to 100. even when you use the ipod for a while the battery will show its lower, but when you stop using it for a bit the battery will climb back up.
  3. Sitruss

Sitruss New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    That's the way that the battery controller works. It's the same in my macbook. Above a certain threshold, the battery will not charge when plugged in, and the device will just receive power directly from the power cable, so the device will report that it is fully charged. When the device is unplugged, then the battery charge will be reported.
  4. TakenAppleDownAPeg

TakenAppleDownAPeg Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    ya it actually makes you battery last longer.
  5. trsblader

trsblader Member

Ok good to know. I had noticed for a long time, even with my 1g iPod that it would climb higher when I wasn't really using it or it was locked. I thought it was like the gas gauge in cars - when you start getting low it records a lower level than you really are at so you actually fill up, or in this case, charge your iPod before it dies.

Didn't know this happened all the time with the fluctuation, even when full, so good to know. I was worried I had a bad battery now or that it was my apps that I thought was good and was really junk.

Anyways, thanks for the replies guys!