Battery Pack for Ipod Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Wolf0x, Jul 14, 2010.

1. Wolf0x

Wolf0x New Member

Well I am going on holiday with a friend and I was going to take my ipod touch but we have to go on a plane journey and it's about 5 hours long

Please Register or Log in to view images

and if I am playing games on my ipod and listening to music I am pretty sure it will be dead long before that so what I was wanting was a good priced/cheap external battery pack which could extend my Ipod Touch's battery life on heavy uses for the duration of the flight.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Found this one APC Mobile Power Pack UPB10 is it any good
  2. Nickmadkiller

Nickmadkiller Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    If it's only about 5 hours long you probably just need to max the iPod's charge to 100 without messing with it till you are on the plane.

You can watch movies for a long time.

Not sure about a external battery drive for you though :|.

But to save more battery turn wi-fi off and have brightness to and near low.

That should help it "survive" a little longer.
  3. shashanknegi

shashanknegi Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Also get rid of bluetooth and location services.
  4. Ethiopian

Ethiopian New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    If you're on 4.0 you can turn on "airplane mode". Should help since you're on an airplane

Please Register or Log in to view images

I used airplane mode on a 9 hour car trip and all I did was listen to music. The battery never went lower than 85%. Wifi, browsing the web, location services, ssh mode, push notifications, high brightness levels, and leaving your device unlocked are all what kill your battery. I would say save your money, turn everything off in settings or use airplane mode, use your iPod on the plane, then charge once you get to the hotel or house or wherever.

If you're playing games, as long as you're not playing them the entire time, you still should be ok.
  5. Shukketsu.Azuguad

Shukketsu.Azuguad Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Lenmar PPU2100B is a good one. Enercell 2 in 1 AC wall adapter + internal battery pack is one I'm currently on. I suggest both. Google the last one and you should find it eventually.
  6. JJisKing

JJisKing New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    You could go to the nearest Apple Store and buy the battery pak that they sell.
  7. iBricked

iBricked Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    External battery packs like energizer are good they fast charge without short circuiting devices.

SSH is framework, so its just a piece of code at the ed of a file, it desn't use any battery unless you turned on wifi.