Battery pack for iPod touch 2g

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by morck, Jan 7, 2009.

1. morck

morck New Member

Hi there

I have just purchased a Belkin Back.up batterypack #F8E464 http://www.proshop.dk/showproduct.aspx?prodid=40311 for my iPod Touch 2g.

But to when I plug it in to my iPod it just says: "Charging is not supported with this equipment"

This sucks terrebly since i just spent a bunch of money on it, and need the extra battery time for the bus trip to my upcoming skiing vacation.

Does anyone have any experience with a battery pack for iPod touch 2g, or even better, a hack to get this battery pack working on my iPod?

Thanks in advance

Kristian
  2. ob2is4me

ob2is4me New Member

Why don't you just return it? There a bunch of battery chargers for the ipod touch. (I'm waiting for one called the mophie juice pack)
  3. captainaids

captainaids New Member

I wrote a little review here
  4. dlstc

dlstc Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Most "made for iPod" products do not completely work with the iPod Touch 2nd generation.

Apple changed the way the 2G charges. While it will usually play music in most "made for iPod" docks, it will not charge.

To be safe in the future, make sure the item explicitly states "compatible with iPod Touch 2nd generation."

Not much consolation now, sorry,
    Diana
  5. Salamantis

Salamantis New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I'm sorry for bumping this thread, but why make a new one when you have a good one here.

I need a battery pack for the 2G for a long flight. Any suggestions? I'd love the Mophie one, but 100$ :S