Battery never shows 100% after using Customize

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by PCKid, Dec 4, 2007.

1. PCKid

PCKid New Member

I've been mucking about with this for days now.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Even done a complete restore and re jailbreak. If you don't try and change your Battery set on the lock screen the green battery will show the full 100% when fully charged. If you put a set into Customize Battery Images folder and alter it, it will work for awhile then it too only shows the one before 100%. And then after that you can't even get back to the original Springboard 100%. I've removed all the sets from Customize/Battery Images and also put back an original set into the Springboard.app where the original pngs are and it still won't give you the 100% one. Very Frustrating. It obviously modifies something else and not the images as they are all correct. Anyone got any clues to the solution to this? I really dpn't want to have to do another full restore and jailbreak again. Good practice I suppose.

Admin please move this if you feel it should be in a different section.
  2. Richard1989

Richard1989 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
  3. PCKid

PCKid New Member

What has that thread go to do with my Battery Problem? It relates to an alternative OS on the iPhone!
  4. jmiz9000

jmiz9000 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    just dont use coustomise then
  5. PCKid

PCKid New Member

Wise advise

As they say you can only hit yourself on the head with a hammer so many times before you realise it hurts. Oh well here we go. Restore . Re jailbreak
  6. plg6067

plg6067 New Member

It happens to me also, I doubt a restore will help... it hasn't really bothered me though, IMO it's not worth it to restore even if it does fix it
  7. Mo132

Mo132 New Member

Having the same issue aswell since installing customize. Does customize actually drain the battery, or is it just a faulty image? What I'm trying to say is, if it says half charged even though it's been in the charger all night, is it fully charged or half charged?
  8. owie007

owie007 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    i guess it's just an image problem... i'm using Customize and never experienced this problem... i'm on 1.1.2 by the way
  9. sean22

sean22 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    u can have only up to the number 16, which will be your battery full pic.

ex.

bat-1.png
    bat-2.png
    bat-3.png
    bat-4.png
    bat-5.png
    bat-6.png
    bat-7.png
    bat-8.png
    bat-9.png
    bat-10.png
    bat-11.png
    bat-12.png
    bat-13.png
    bat-14.png
    bat-15.png
    bat-16.png
    bat.png

bat.png and bat-16.png are the same pic
  10. PCKid

PCKid New Member

Hmmm. As I understood it the Touch has 17 plus the un-numbered one which is the full one. But the iPhone has 16. Hence when you get the Battery Themes it depends wether they have been made for the Touch or the iPhone. Could someone clarify this as I still haven't resolved it. I've taken all the ones that go to 16 and added a 17 using the un-numbered one to do it. That doesn't seem to fix it. I still think it's Customize that stuffs it up. Last night it jumped to 100% as I flicked it on then went straight back to 85% and stuck there. I've experimented switching different themes with no luck. At the moment I'm using one called Earth as it is really dark so you can't see that it's missing the last bit on the right.

Hopefully someone will fix this in the future. When I had the Touch back to original 1.1.1 with no jailbreak the 100% worked all the time. It's not a battery problem it's a software problem.

Ok won't erase above if you've been looking at my reply but I'm wrong.

Sean22 is spot on. Have fixed all mine by eliminating one (Usually close to full say 95% then renaming the full one to 16 and then it works. Most of these must have been made for the iPhone as they are 17. So I had it round the wrong way. FINALLY it works. Thanks Sean22