Battery Life

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by zorkdork, Feb 22, 2010.

1. zorkdork

zorkdork New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I've had my Ipod Touch 3G for about two weeks and I need some feedback about battery life.
    First, my Ipod was fully charged
    I was using an app called Grocery IQ for just about an hour, and the message popped up that I only had 20% battery life left.
    Is that possible? I called Apple support and the tech said depending on the app that could happen. He suggested I time my activities and log my usage to get a better idea how long my battery life is.
    I have the wifi off and every other trick I've read about.
    As a test, I turned off the autolock and turned on the timer from the clock app.
    At 3.5 hours the 20% message came on and at 4 hr 10 minutes the Apple logo appeared, apparently it shut itself off.
    Should I be getting more battery life, or is that typical?
    Is there a possible problem with my Ipod?
    Please let me know what your experience is concerning battery life. I am frustrated.
  2. maxam

maxam Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    You should be getting more battery life. Try turning the wifi off and all the tricks you know then reboot then time it again.
  3. Will Finlay

Will Finlay Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    you should be getting more. turn te wifi off. and the mobile substrates you have, some apps have built in backgrounding capabilities also so make sure no un used apps are running by checking your processes in SB settings. respring also because im sure i heard that when lots of apps have been opened the ram gets low and straines the device a little. not sure on the last one though
  4. Code Name_Raven

Code Name_Raven Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Who says he's jailbroken?
  5. Will Finlay

Will Finlay Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    lol. no one. sorry, although this should have been stated.