Battery life

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Mz8691, Aug 25, 2009.

1. Mz8691

Mz8691 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hey guys, i just got a Ipod touch 2g (used, traded someone here) the ipod is in great shape, but the battery life sucks. i mean i played a game for like 5 mins prolly and the battery went down like 20% idk. i dont have a charger or synce cable, i went to my gfs house to find out her ipod cable broke too soo i used her stereo system that has a ipod dock and charged it on that for a couple hours and it charged too 100% but as soon as i unpluged it it said 92%... idk whats wrong. i bought a synce cable on ebay and will be getting it soon. and the ipod is 3.0 jailbroken btw . but once im getting the cable im restoring the ipod and formating the drive so i can start fresh and learn on my own. how long is the ipod battery life anyways? do i need to buy a replacment battery and open my ipod?
  2. jmwerkus

jmwerkus Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    U shouldn't buy an iPod with no sync cable. Also it matters what game. But that doesn't sound normal.
  3. vdub19

vdub19 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i hate my ipod's battery too.
  4. Mz8691

Mz8691 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i dont understand... it goes down in percentage and them goes back up ahh =/
  5. rebel6

rebel6 Member

yes thats not normal but look if you have wifi on becouse that sucks a lot of battery life
    the best thing is you restore your divice
    good luck!
  6. CAxJESTER11

CAxJESTER11 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yeah that's kinda weird, but I do have a few tips that can make your battery life last longer. First off, if your not using wifi, then you can go into SBsettings or BossPrefs or settings and turn off wifi. Also, the lower the brightness, the less battery you use, so if you don't mind it being dim then you should keep the brightness low. vWallpaper kill your battery life so i don't recommend those. Any other things like imobilecinema you should turn off when your not using them.
  7. Mz8691

Mz8691 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yea idk, i turned off wifi and bluetooth. and lowered my brightness seems to work better but i will see whats up when i get my sync cord .