Battery life

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by 12padams, Mar 23, 2009.

1. 12padams

12padams New Member

Dec 14, 2008
    Ok i have read the battery FAQ topic but it did not answer all my questions.

Ok will it shorten the battery life if you charge it fully... then use it and when the indercater gets to 50% charge it to full again... (will this shorten battery life)

Also is it bad to charge the ipod touch a little bit and then use it strait away? and not charge it for a while...

Oh and since the day i got my ipod touch battery only seems to last 2-3 hours but i am usually doing stuff like intence apps but it should not be doing only 2 hours right?

Thanks in advance.

2. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Lithium-Ion batteries don't like full discharges. Best to charge as often as you can and keep the charge topped up. Allowing the charge to drop to 50% and charging won't cause any problems.

No, partial charges will not harm the battery at all. The rule of thumb is to charge whenever you can, even if it's only a partial charge. You can also use your device when it is charging.

If you have a lot of background services on and are playing graphic intensive games then 2-3hrs charge would seem about right.

No problem, but it would have been much better if you had posted this in the Battery Life thread rather than create a new thread for it. You're lucky I wondered across it... Also try and spell check before you post - if you put the effort into your posts then you'll generally get the appropriate help back.