battery life with wifi radio apps (pandora)

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Hartley1986, Oct 6, 2009.

1. Hartley1986

Hartley1986 New Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Does anyone have any experience with how long the battery will last if your using the wifi to listen to pandora or some other radio app on the itouch? (mine is 3rd gen btw)

Ill usually turn off the screen, so help save the power, but how long can you expect? When i use the battery app it tells me when using wifi like 8 hours on a full charge, so maybe around 8 hours? But then maybe using an app is like a game, so it goes down to 5 hours (according the the battery app). Again though im not using the backlight, just listening to it.

Anyone have anythoughts? I used to have the zune and loved the fm tuner and such, that was my knock on the ipod. However, you get sooo much more from the wifi radio on the ipod as long as your in wifi range i guess.

Love the itouch so far! just sayin

oh wait also i have another question: I read through the batter faqs, but i didnt clearly get an answer. How often should i charge my itouch? even if its only a little bit low, can i charge it? or should i wait for it to almost run out? I remember it saying something like you have 900 some charges before it loses power. So should i conserve how often i charge it?