battery life with mail app.

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by cameleon1267, Nov 15, 2007.

1. cameleon1267

cameleon1267 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I know there have been a lot of threads about the battery life on the ipod touch but I don't remember seeing my question somewhere.

after jailbroken my ipod touch with 1.1.1 firmware I thought that the battery life time was quite short even with wifi and ssh turned off. So I thought maybe there was something wrong with my battery. I restored my ipod touch to the official 1.1.2 firmware and now the battery life time is much much better.

when my ipod was jailbroken I set the mail app to check email automatically and I would like to know if this could be the reason for the battery to decrease so fast. I think even if you put your ipod in sleep mode it keep the connection alive.

anybody experienced the same thing or I am just hallucinating. If I have time I will jailbroke again my ipod but I would like to know if someone else had the same situation and if turning off the automatic mail checking could improve the battery's life time. I miss my jailbroken ipod with mail app.
  2. lachlan438

lachlan438 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    hmm i dont know if it stays on or not i know that if you are downloading a song and put in sleep it keeps downloading the song.
  3. bene

bene New Member

i have the same problem! i would like to know if somebody fixed it ?

best regards,
    bene
  4. cameleon1267

cameleon1267 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    ok I just jailbroke my ipod with 1.1.2 firmware and reinstalled iphone apps. I setup the mail app to check emails manually and I will try compare the lifetime of the battery.

edit: after a short use it looks like the wifi is acting different from the 1.1.1 firmware. now when I wake up my ipod the symbol for the wifi takes some time to appear on the screen like if it was completely turned off during sleep mode. I never noticed that before.
  5. unixtsg

unixtsg New Member

Similar for me. With 1.1.1 Jailbroke and iphone apps (and others) installed battery life seemed, not poor but dissapointing. Can't really comment on what it was like before because I jailbroke it pretty soon after getting it. I now have 1.1.2 (not jailbroken) and have seen that besides the performance increase battery life is much much much better.
  6. devo1986

devo1986 New Member

Where did you get mail that works with 1.1.2, I have mail that worked with 1.1.1 but its stopped working iwth 1.1.2. Please help
  7. tones123

tones123 New Member

Not too sure the moderators here are happy with directly linking to 1.1.2 iPhone app files, as it is essentially piracy.

Aside: has anyone added http://repo.us.to as an installer source? Am curious what apps they might have...
  8. mattydub

mattydub New Member

this is a repository of the actual iphone applictaions.

i.e mail, notes, maps and stocks....

Please Register or Log in to view images

9. cameleon1267

cameleon1267 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I used this repository to install all my iphone app and it worked perfectly. for mail and map app you just need to install some package first but all the files you need are in the repository.