Battery life while playing games and web browsing

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jinjin12, Oct 26, 2010.

1. jinjin12

jinjin12 Active Member

I get only 1 1/2 hrs max while surfing the Internet. I set the brightness on lowest and turn everything that I so not need off but it still lasts only that long. Is that normal? How much time do u guys get on the battery whilst gaming and surfing ?
  2. ThePodofi

ThePodofi Well-Known Member

Thats not normal...............I can surf the web for six hours and still have battery.
  3. jinjin12

jinjin12 Active Member

Hmm I think that I need to send it back to amaZon then but it will be annoying though. I've never sent anything back to amazon before cAn u tell me how it works. I will need to delete all my info right ? man installing everything again will be annoying
  4. GazaIan

GazaIan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    Wait, if its a second gen then it is normal, the second gen isn't capable of much. with my old second gen I'd have to be lucky to get an hour of internet browsing. btw, this applies to the MC models as well.

But if its a 3rd or 4th Gen.. its not normal, because my iPod can literally last up to a good 15 hours continuously browsing the Internet.
  5. MFdoom

MFdoom New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Try restoring it first. It can fix these things
  6. MFdoom

MFdoom New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    No..thats not true. I have a 2g MC model and I can browse the internet for much much more then an hour! Also, over the summer while I was driving back from vacation I got 8+ hours of watching movies/tv shows on my iPod and it was only down to like 25% and on mid brightness
  7. jinjin12

jinjin12 Active Member

it's an ipod touch 4g. it just came in a week ago from amazon.com themselves. i think i should have just bought it from apple.com. and how do i restore it? also who would restoring it help?

and wow 15 hrs of web browsing? amazing.

so i just contact amazon and resend it? will they give me another one or can i get refund? anyone know if they charge restocking fees?

also i'm draining the battery once again just to see if that helps, i really don't want to send it back and wait for a replacement and then have to reinstall everything again