Battery Life Sucks!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by kjl8301, Feb 18, 2010.

1. kjl8301

kjl8301 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Ok Im new to this website so I may not have realized this issue may have already been awnsered but I have a 8g ipod touch that I jailbroke with the 2g firmware and I have downloaded a few apps...but the battery life sucks. I could charge this thing all night long and it still sucks through out the day. Any upgrades or downloads possible to fix or anything I can do. Any help on this situation would help alot. Thanks!
  2. Will Finlay

Will Finlay Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    lots of factors may affect battery, including high brightness settings, wifi being on all the time, ssh being on all the time and whatever. have a look around the site matey this is a very common question and has no doubt been answered many times.
  3. linkiboy

linkiboy New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Yeah. Battery life does suck. If you tweak it enough though it becomes good enough... avoid too much mobile substrate addons and turn brightness down to 50% and switch off wifi when you're not using it and you should be fine with the battery life.
  4. brendanm

brendanm New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    As previously stated, lot's of things can affect your battery life.

Anyway, are you jailbroken? Running games, especially higher quality games will kill battery life and using WiFi. Whenever your not using WiFi, let's say in class, travelling on the bus or right when you leave your house in the morning to go to school, go to settings and shut off WiFi... In the end, this will save a lot of battery life because your iPod won't be trying to pick-up WiFi signals every so often.

Another thing I'll mention anyway, if your jailbroken, themes and such can kill the battery a lot faster, especially more detailed themes and the ones that have the auto change background.

I don't know much about SSH, so I can't really speak on that.

Just turn off WiFi, lock your iPod when you don't need it open, turn brightness to half way and turn off Auto-Brightness, make sure if your jailbroken your not using any themes which use auto change backgrounds or anything that runs processes in the background that would use more memory, in the end killing the battery faster.