Battery Life Smaller even With SSH Disabled?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by Complexis, Nov 7, 2007.

1. Complexis

Complexis Retired Moderator

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Anyone notice that the battery life of a touch with apps after jailbreak drains faster even if SSH is disabled and WiFi is turned off compared to the battery life of a touch that isn't jailbreaked yet? Or is it just me.
  2. F0N3Y

F0N3Y New Member

Well there is more space used in the screen. The Icons have color which is powered by the battery.

So yes. More icons less battery life.

You can always lower the brightness down, and like you said turn off wi-fi when needed.

-F0N3Y
  3. Rawd

Rawd New Member

I didn't have mine at factory settings long enough to compare. If someone has to restore for some reason they should do a test.
  4. computer_geek_19

computer_geek_19 New Member

how many hours are you getting for audio and video after jailbreaking?
  5. RedStar

RedStar New Member

I could imagine why... with all the applications being used on a jailbroken Touch. Correct me if I'm wrong.
  6. mynameisBEEKMAN

mynameisBEEKMAN Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i dont own a touch yet, but i know that inorder to completty stop a program from running, you need to hold the home button for 3 seconds, ie: if your using safari, when your done using it, hold home for 3 sec, then it is complettly of, otherwise, it keeps running, thus draining batterylife. after jailbreaking, you have more apps, and if not stopped properly, they are all running.

~beekman

sorry for gramatical and typing--i dont proof read
  7. kinematic@yahoo.com

kinematic@yahoo.com New Member

more icon's don't drain your battery? An image on a screen no matter what it looks like uses the same amount of battery as any not matter how many icons are displayed, it's still being pushed to one total area of display. If there's a second display I can see more of a drain, but there isn't. Now that said, it is possible that there is more processing going on when there's a second or more page of icons, but I wouldn't think that would be enough to affect your battery output. What is more likely doing it is having too many applications opened at once. When closing down applications, don't just hit the home button, but hold the home button for 5 seconds to close all background applications.
  8. koreankid

koreankid New Member

does that mean
    the more icons, the faster the drainage of battery???or
    jailbreaked, and automatically its going to drain the battery faster
    because honestly i think ill only need 1-5 extra applications
  9. ydoucare

ydoucare New Member

NO, more icons does not require more battery, that's the most retarded logic behind a post i've seen on this forum yet. The LCD will use the same power whether the screen is FLAT RED or full of icons. The backlight brightness will have a definite impact on battery drainage.
  10. vadimqwe

vadimqwe New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    my battery decreased