Battery Life Remaining

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by bradisonn, Sep 26, 2007.

1. bradisonn

bradisonn New Member

Is there a way to see how much battery life is remaining? (eg. estimated time left, percent...)
  2. pared

pared New Member

No, it's no different from any other iPod.
  3. plg6067

plg6067 New Member

unless you have an older ipod with rockbox, they tell you how much time to to the minute. apple should provide this in there firmware I dont see why they dont
  4. bradisonn

bradisonn New Member

i just thought this case would be different, considering how different this is from any other ipod
  5. Mint-Berry Crunch

Mint-Berry Crunch Member

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    On my fifth gen I'm still running version 1.2 firmware and I put % numbers on the battery images. Same with my first gen nano. But in order to do the same thing with the touch, the firmware has to be decrypted. And if you look at all the different images for battery (the gray ones, the green to red ones and the large 3d ones... possibly more) there must be like 50 images just for the battery. Or they are running 2 images (like the fifth gen volume bar) and they are just overlapping them in a fancy way. Most likely its the first one (with 50+ separate images).

But for now its encrypted and not possible to do that kind of modification. So the only way to see the battery charge is, unfortunately, to look at the plain images.
  6. nintendodude

nintendodude New Member

they dont display the estimated time because the new iPoT is constantly doing different things, music, photos, video, web

they all drain the battery at different rates, so estimations would be off.
  7. bradisonn

bradisonn New Member

isnt that technically the same as any pda/laptop?
  8. nintendodude

nintendodude New Member

no. well, yes and no. a laptop power consumption is roughly the same throughout usage, but because the little CPU in an iPod is either sleeping or racing, it varies wildly. also, the very low capacity battery has a much wider difference depending on the task because it is 1/10 or less the capacity.