Battery Life Poll

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Reaper2794, Nov 2, 2008.

?

Battery Life Opinion?

1. Yes it's great!

18.5%
  2. It's ok

40.7%
  3. Not good enough

25.9%
  4. It completely sucks.

14.8%
  1. Reaper2794

Reaper2794 Banned

Hey guys. Is anyone else here sick of the iPod Touch battery life?

It's REAL annoying. I got a 16GB 2nd Gen brand new. I have it on like 8-10% brightness and fetch and push and everything is off. My WiFi is also off. I close all my apps as well. I am on 2.1.1 and it is NOT Jailbroken as it is a 2G and cannot yet be JB'd.

I have to recharge the damn thing every day because playing one damn app for more than half an hour takes up all the battery.

It's not the battery that is defective. It's life span is just way too short.

I am just wondering what your opinion is. I like to actually put my iPod Touch to use and not just listen to music.

I play games, go on the internet, watch videos, go on YouTube, download apps from App Store and more.

I like how it charges fast but that isn't nearly a good enough replacement for the life span.

I'd rather have it charge fully in 2 hours more and run for 1 rather than what it is now. Because we can all just charge it over night and everything.

I am hoping to get a 2 USB Port wall charger soon but that doesn't solve everyone's problem. Just mine.

Also another thing is. I'll see that my battery is red. I'll go to my home page. Now it's green but the same portion.

I also get the 20% of Battery remaining like 5 times. WTF?

Again, what is your opinion on it?

~ Reaper ~
  2. tinyman392

tinyman392 Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    Anything done on the internet is going to eat up battery faster, downloading apps even moreso... YouTube will as well, but not as much. As for games, the better the graphics, the more battery will be taken up (more use of the processor). Hope this helps.
  3. murphmanny

murphmanny Banned

mine is fine
    2.1 jailbroken
    ftw
  4. Reaper2794

Reaper2794 Banned

I know what takes up battery power.

Duh games and apps and internet take up battery. But it's real annoying how I get the same 20% left message 10 times and how one little game drains the whole battery so fast.

Please vote on the poll too.
  5. sjleworthy

sjleworthy New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    min is 2.1 un jailbroken and i dont really complain. wifi is always on, as is push, and my screen is 100% bright. i guess this isn't a good recipe for optimised battery, but heck, who cares?

i generally plug mine into the usb cable every day whilst i'm at work, so i guess i dont notice a low battery. using the music or video on the train or at home in the evenings has never been a battery issue for me.
  6. drpr

drpr New Member

I guess that years of cell phone and laptop battery experience have prepared me to expect what I'm getting from my iPod Touch. Not a big deal as long as I have my charging equipment handy, which I do. I have learned how to extend the battery life, but I still do things that suck power quickly. I charge it daily, and once in a rare while I've charged it the middle of the day in addition to overnight. Here's my activity list:

-While charging it overnight I listen to Pandora or my long list of iTunes podcasts until I fall asleep
    -If I wake up before I have to get out of bed, I'll listen to my iPod some more, read breaking news, check mail - still plugged in.
    -I take it downstairs and use it throughout the day while out of the house or when the laptop is less convenient: to-dos, grocery list, games, checking mail, banking, keeping up with the news, chatting with my out-of-state friend using Meebo, downloading and trying new apps, etc. I've even used it when cooking (recipes!)

My room mate teases me that if I had to be without the internet I'd die. I just might.
  7. exit1010

exit1010 Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    mine is ok... fetch is like off.. i never turn it on for some reason... not many games on my ipod. i have crash. monkey ball. google earth (this app is way to cool for my comfort) facebook, tap tap, tap tap NIN, cluster bal maze finger and datcl2. oh and i have bsbsetting which disable my autolock... iPTM need to fix that...

i charge it everyother day... i mainly listen to music on a very low volume becasue i increase the music volume on iTunes so my batter dont uses it energy to produce lound music through my eraphones.
  8. Baker5

Baker5 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    its good for being almost a year old now
  9. bubs58

bubs58 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I just charge it everyday with my phone when i go to sleep so it doenst really matter
  10. pogoyoyo

pogoyoyo Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    yesterday i charged my ipod touch 2g over night to full, then i wake up, check my email, facebook and of course this site, which was like half an hour - 40 minutes of wifi, and i already got the 20% left, so me being extremely pissed off i turned off wifi, and within a minute my battery went back up to 80% full....
    what the sh*t?
    so i go turn wifi back on to check if the battery would go back down.
    Guess what?
    .. it fckin did.
    20% left... coming to my conclusion that wifi kills battery extremely fast, or the software is somehow corrupted into believing that it does.