battery life of a iphone 3g....miscalculated?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by nerdy1, Sep 22, 2008.

1. nerdy1

nerdy1 New Member

I have already looked at the battery life topics and none of them relates to this issue I'm having. I'm a former ipod touch generation 1 user then just got the iphone 3g 2days ago as a birthday present. I jailbroke it the first day I got it, and was very successful on the recent firmware 2.0.2. I used quick pwn. The issue is after installing winterboard (using vista perfection theme) the battery shows up full and green everyday...but, once i restart the phone its like almost used up

Please Register or Log in to view images

... so i wandering if the battery is affected by the factors like jailbreaking, themes, etc. I have set my brightness really low and have gone back to old theme in winterboard and, its still happens HELP PLEASE.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. TheAviator

TheAviator New Member

Hmm, there could be a number of things in my opinion that could've caused this. Corrupt QuickPwn, corrupt theme, or a whole bunch of things. It might even be the charger being used! Thing is though, I'll try my best to help (good friends have iPhone 3Gs and I have a first gen Touch), but I'd like to know some more background before truely recommending anything. The only thing I can say right now is to do two things: Either A. Upgrade to 2.1; or B. Do a full restore and try again. What I can say is that your brightness level has no effect on battery level in the sense that it shouldn't kill your battery off that fast. Also, try running your iPhone w/o jailbreak and see if the Apple Store can check to see if you have a defective battery (you're under warranty for a year).
  3. nerdy1

nerdy1 New Member

Alright I'll give it a shot tomorrow. *bump* any other opinions on this? =D