Battery life issues.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Xephrey, Oct 30, 2007.

1. Xephrey

Xephrey Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    Ever since yesterday, I've noticed the battery only lasting me until a little after my lunch break at work where as the day before I could go a full day at work and still have half of my battery left! What gives?

It might be the fact that I tried to connect to a wifi in the area a few days before, and now when it detects it, it kinda hangs onto it even when the screen is off in my pocket... but that still doesnt make sense, cause it doesnt use wifi while the screen is off, does it? Either my touch is ****ed, or some kind of program or thing I altered on it triggered some kind of sucky -severe-lack-of-battery-life- state. I used both Customize as well as Summerboard. Could that have anything to do with it? I've also noticed that the screen doesnt stay on anymore while it charges as it used to.... dunno why. I'm considering trying the battery life with it as a freshly restored, un-jailbreaked device.

The funny thing is - it had about the same sucky battery life when I got it at first, and then it started having great battery life like I described earlier.

Its kinda frustrating.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
  2. plg6067

plg6067 New Member

make sure it is getting a full charge, turn wifi off in the settings section unless you are useing it
  3. Xephrey

Xephrey Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    Wow! Fast reply!

Yeah, I'll try that - hopefully, thats the main issue. Are there any stats available on battery life on the touch for when an active wifi connection is running and music is playing - as opposed to just listening to music without an active connection? That would be nice to know.

Thanks!
  4. ricecook

ricecook New Member

ok as new batts they should have pretty good charge out the box but not full charge ...here waht to do charge it gull then let the batts get low when you get the 20% sing then charger it ..its best to discharge the batts so they have a good batt life... also try not to use the contrast really max up..
  5. TJd

TJd New Member

It last 20 hours just listening to music and about 2 and a half hours with wifi and music playing. I did test myself and that's what u got.
  6. ali.bigolo

ali.bigolo Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
  7. Xephrey

Xephrey Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    Sweet!

I did try searching.... never found that though. lol

Thanks again!