Battery life frequently reads in the 'red zone'

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by wicked.ludicrous, Jul 13, 2009.

1. wicked.ludicrous

wicked.ludicrous New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Occasionally, when I either turn on my ipod touch or just simply unlock it, I notice that the battery life is in the red zone. The first time I noticed this, I simply locked it and then unlocked it, and that solved the problem.
    Even though I can simply do that every time, it's kind of a hassle and weird. It also started happening after I plugged in the touch to a different computer to charge the touch. Since then, the touch has been recognized as a camera. I can fix that but could it be related to this problem?

Thanks
  2. ThePickler

ThePickler Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Do you have an AC adapter to charge the iPod touch? And are you using Windows 7 by any chance? Its also been suggested that using a different USB port helps. You might also try performing a complete reboot if you haven't done so already.

A reboot is done by simultaneously holding the standby and home button together for more than 6 seconds.

Let me know if that helps!
  3. PatentPending

PatentPending New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    On most computers, the iPod Touch is recognized as a camera so don't worry about that. But when it comes to the battery life, that may be a problem. There's not much you CAN do since it seems like there's something wrong inside the ipod but if anything, you could always just try and see if it fixes itself over time.
  4. iTouchGuru

iTouchGuru New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    NO! NO! NO!

If you listened to the question, his battery was charged, it just shows different.
    When he locks & unlocks it, it goes away.

Try uninstalling WinterBoard, and installing it again. This solved mine.
    (I had the same problem)

Lemme Know.
  5. PatentPending

PatentPending New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Aaah. Well hopefully that'll solve it. Seems like you've gone through a lot of odd situations with your iPod.
  6. 42395_skyline

42395_skyline Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    my problem was when i had solid status bar. it would do this. do you have a theme affecting the color of your status bar or something?
  7. iTouchGuru

iTouchGuru New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Solid status bar just keeps your status bar from changhing colors.. im pretty sure it keeps it white.. although it MIGHT keep it black... not sure... and lmfao.. i have gone trough some pretty odd problems
  8. wicked.ludicrous

wicked.ludicrous New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Well, in Winterboard, I had a Solid Status Bar. So I unchecked it. I'll see if the problem persists.
    I know this is off topic, but does anyone know themes for the background and apps? It's like the apps are coordinated to be themed with the background. How are they labeled in Cydia??? I've downloaded all sorts of themes from Cydia, but they turn out to be something different.