Battery keeps drastically changing!

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Fwission, Jan 22, 2010.

1. Fwission

Fwission New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I'll start with my touch is new and so far has had no major problems. I jail broke it about 2 weeks ago and its been running fine, except that my battery keeps jumping from 60% all the way to 30%. But then from 30% it slowly rises to 40% then stops at 45%.

First thing that came to my mind was my battery checker was messing things up, so I enabled numeric battery percent on Sbsettings. So I'm wondering is this a problem with my battery? Or is this just because the touch does not have accurate battery checkers? Thanks

P.S. I'm curious is it really bad to keep your touch plugged in all the time and charging?
  2. Magnum

Magnum New Member

It is because what you do changes the percentage. Ex: Using Safari/Cydia eats up more battery than Music.app thus, the battery changes the percentile to keep up with the app running. Also, do not discus cracked apps on this forum because it is illegal and against site rules. This thread will probably be closed and/or you will get banned/notified. If you are not banned, please stop talking about cracked apps as it is against the rules.
  3. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

The battery checkers aren't that accurate, but they shouldn't be jumping like that either. It all depends on what you were doing on your iPod Touch at the time. Like, if you were playing a game, then it would estimate how much battery there would be if you were to play the game until your iPod dies. But if you stop playing the game, then it'll gradually re-calibrate to whatever activity you're doing next. Like, if you listen to music afterwards, then it'll go up. BUT if you're just listening to music and the battery is jumping around, then there may be something wrong with your battery. And it's not bad to keep your iPod charging all the time. It stops charging when it's full so you can't overcharge it.
  4. Fwission

Fwission New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Sorry new here

Please Register or Log in to view images

not very sure of forum rules except from threads from 2007.

Edit: Well thanks for your help, it must be because I went from using cydia then went right back into standby.
  5. Magnum

Magnum New Member

I think i ninjad you... Sorry

6. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

I gots more info and answered all his questions

7. Magnum

Magnum New Member

I know, maybe the mods will give u a second chance

i hope i answered your question correctly!
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    i told him he was probably getting banned for discussing cracked apps tho!
  8. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Well, I knew someone was gonna come crying in here yelling about piracy, so I decided to let other people do it

9. Magnum

Magnum New Member

Piracy! Yarr!
  10. sageDieu

sageDieu Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    OKAY BACK ON TOPIC

Apple themselves recommends that you let your battery run all the way down to 0% (just leave it on a 3d game or bright picture; the flashlight app from cydia runs it down pretty quick) and then charge it fully for best performance and to make it last longer.