Battery, Internet

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by wan3212, Oct 19, 2007.

1. wan3212

wan3212 New Member

hey, just got my ipod touch today

Please Register or Log in to view images

anyways, i charged it until the battery meter was full, then went and played music for awhile. i then set up the internet, and was only on for about 10min, then the battery went to 75%, does the internet suck up that much battery? and if its fully charged, does it say its fully charged?
  2. AlexRADL

AlexRADL Retired Moderator

The battery meter is not a very good thing to by, it is usually notvery accurate. If your battery is fully charged you can be on safari for about 4 hours.
  3. wan3212

wan3212 New Member

ok thanks, well then, how long does everyone normally let it charge?
    when i recieved my ipot, the battery was at 50%, so it charged for about 45minutes-1hour, and according to the battery meter it was at 100%
  4. Rawd

Rawd New Member

I read somewhere that what you did was basically quick charge it. I don't think it would be fully charged after 45 minutes. I widh the battery meter would show the difference between quick charge and fully charged.

Did a google search for "ipod batteries" and found a site with this info:

"Additional tips
    Charging
    iPod fast-charges the battery to 80 percent of capacity in an hour. However, it can take 4 hours to fully recharge the battery. Even in sleep, iPod uses a small amount of current, and the battery slowly empties. Stored at optimal storage temperature, the battery will empty in 14 to 28 days.

Do not charge iPod while it is in a carrying case or cover.
    You should charge iPod when it has fully discharged even if it won't be used right away."
  5. munchie

munchie New Member

So do you mean you have to use the ipod until it is fully discharged or do you mean once it is fully discharged you should charge it immediatly?
  6. rokrboy

rokrboy Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPod touch
    I think you are supposed to run the battery down (not all the way, of course) and then let it charge for three to four hours when you first get it. But I'm not sure it's that big of a deal though.