Battery help

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mrseagull, Nov 8, 2008.

1. mrseagull

mrseagull New Member

I have a generation one 32gb ipod touch on 2.1 thats jailbroken. I fully charged it last night from 10%-100%. I unplugged it and went to bed but when i woke up this morning it said i had only 10% batteries left even though it was fully charged 9 hours ago. i listened to a song for 27 seconds then it turned off. It wouldnt turn on again so i assume it was out of batteries. I didnt have wifi on and i was not running any applications or listening to music overnight. Has this happened to anyone else before?
  2. dashwood03

dashwood03 New Member

yeah, if you'd just search,

one guy had the same problem, but it is solved by returning it back to apple.

my suggestion is bring it to apple, bring along the receipt with you, and get it fixed.

don't bring it to anyone else or do anything with your ipod. do a restore first before bringing it there.
  3. mrseagull

mrseagull New Member

I ordered mine from amazon and threw away the receipt that came in the box. Would a printed version of the email confirmation work?
  4. CANUCKLE HEAD

CANUCKLE HEAD New Member

Honestly, I'm not sure you even need the receipt. I have had to take my 1G 16GB touch in for repair 3 times since i got it last November (mailed back to apple in may, apple store 2 months ago and apple store again 2 weeks ago). Not once have i been asked for a receipt. As long as its under warranty and you have registered your iPod, i don't think they really require a receipt. If i can make a suggestion, Just take it to an apple store if you have one near you, since all they do is switch it out with a replacement unit (as it is easier and faster than having to repair then give back). When i mailed it back to apple, it took just over 1 week to get it back, but only took 15 minutes when i went to an apple store. Go to this website

https://selfsolve.apple.com/GetWarranty.do

and enter your serial number and country of residence. it should tell you when your warranty will expire and what your repair options are.
  5. mrseagull

mrseagull New Member

It says im under limited warranty still. So i go in tell them i have a battery problem (and i also have like 3 dead pixels >.<) and then they check my ipod and then i walk out with a brand new one? Will they give me a generation 1 or a generation 2?
  6. CANUCKLE HEAD

CANUCKLE HEAD New Member

they'll give you the exact same model that you bring in. as far as the pixel thing, im sure that will be reason enough for them to exchange it for you. they might ask if you've restored your ipod to the latest firmware as far as the battery thing goes.